ouch...my eyeball! (the BIG update, pg. 7)

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
my sweet little comet just pecked my right eyeball! not the lid, not the brow, the EYEBALL!

(BTW, she doesn't have a name yet, but i am thinking Miss Judge might be good!)

she had hopped up onto my shoulder and was snuggling my head. i turned to talk to her and then....WHAMMO!

i seriously have pain and cannot see well. it isn't watering and i am not rubbing it to keep the inflammation down, but i think there may be a trip to the
Triage tonight.

any ideas? suggestions? it is really red, hurts like mad and i have washed it out with eye solution. i can't see near or far at all.

if you're a praying person, i could use some right now! thanks guys!

Last edited:
This has happened to me a few times. Unless it's bleeding, you should be fine.
The blurred vision will go away soon.

I had one girl get me thru my glasses!! We always warn people about her now, we say, "don't get too close, she's a face pecker!"

It hurts like crazy and you can't see anything...I could barely even open my eye for a few hours, but it does get better after awhile. By this evening it will be fine.

Tonight??
hmm.png
Why would you be waiting?? Unless you cannot get there mid-day waits are much shorter than evening...

I would never fool with an eye peck. Cold packs? Flushing with saline?

Seeing a doctor??

thanks for the input! it burns like nobodies business and is swelling quite nicely.

i think it would be okay to take some tylenol or something? since it's pain and all?

Rooster-Red just had that happen to him a few weeks ago. Why don't you PM him for some advice. His was wicked painful.

Ooooooo, go see the doctor!

One of the guys on here, RoosterRed? maybe?, just had that happen and he ended up with a scratched cornea and has to wear a special contact and medicine.

Don't take chances with your vision - that's got to hurt!

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Tonight??
hmm.png
Why would you be waiting?? Unless you cannot get there mid-day waits are much shorter than evening...

I would never fool with an eye peck. Cold packs? Flushing with saline?

Seeing a doctor??

i am not allowed to drive because i have seizures. my husband works 1hr and 15 minutes from home. he will probably leave early if he can to take me.

our neighbor is on the board at the hospital, so if i go to triage as soon as hubby gets home, she will call and have them get me right in. (we even get the CEO of the hospital to visit and personal nursing! in fact, my daughter needed stitches and got rolled in like a queen right past ambulances!)

so if i can just make it long enough till he can get home, it'll be okay.

and i'm with you, eyes are nothing to fool around with. you only get two!​

I wouldnt waste anytime with my sight and would go to the doc immediately. You don't want an infection to set in. Chickens peck all kinds of things on the ground, that is now in your eye. Go in right away.

good luck

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom