Our beloved Pilgrim goose passed away

countryladyNH

Crowing
8 Years
Feb 22, 2016
New Hampshire USA
My Coop
My Coop
Hello, We are in New Hampshire. We had a 4 year old female Pilgrim that we loved dearly and raised from a day-old, and who was also our guard goose. She died unexpectedly yesterday (May 27). We are completely heartbroken. Her name was Mayflower. She watched over our few ducks and the chickens. She was an opera-loving goose who would come to the back door and wait for me to put the computer by the door and play Youtube's '10 Must Know Opera Songs' for her! She had an old tape player in the coop and we would play opera tapes for them at bedtime. She was the sweetest girl...I know there is nothing anyone can do but we are so devastated that I wanted to tell someone.

We are looking for a new friend and guard to help mend our broken hearts---a female newly born Pilgrim gosling. It seems they are sold out everywhere so it's pretty hopeless. Our ducks need and miss Mayflower already. They need the protection and companionship she gave them. I will remember and think of memories of Mayflower every day for the rest of my life. We are hoping we can find a new friend to help heal our hearts.

If anyone has a female newborn Pilgrim goose in our area (NH/Southern Maine) we would love to be able to get her. Thank you very much for any help. Thank you too for your kindness and sympathy. Sincerely, Adam and Mary in New Hampshire

Hello, We are in New Hampshire. We had a 4 year old female Pilgrim that we loved dearly and raised from a day-old, and who was also our guard goose. She died unexpectedly yesterday (May 27). We are completely heartbroken. Her name was Mayflower. She watched over our few ducks and the chickens. She was an opera-loving goose who would come to the back door and wait for me to put the computer by the door and play Youtube's '10 Must Know Opera Songs' for her! She had an old tape player in the coop and we would play opera tapes for them at bedtime. She was the sweetest girl...I know there is nothing anyone can do but we are so devastated that I wanted to tell someone.

We are looking for a new friend and guard to help mend our broken hearts---a female newly born Pilgrim gosling. It seems they are sold out everywhere so it's pretty hopeless. Our ducks need and miss Mayflower already. They need the protection and companionship she gave them. I will remember and think of memories of Mayflower every day for the rest of my life. We are hoping we can find a new friend to help heal our hearts.

If anyone has a female newborn Pilgrim goose in our area (NH/Southern Maine) we would love to be able to get her. Thank you very much for any help. Thank you too for your kindness and sympathy. Sincerely, Adam and Mary in New Hampshire
I’m so sorry to hear about your dear pilgrim goose. I’m down south so I can’t help you with your search for a newbie. I will give a shout out if I do see something in your area. You have no clue on what happened to her? She sounds like she was a cool goose with a musical ear😊. I pray your pain will ease up soon. Again I’m sorry about your beloved goose.

I am so sorry for your great loss. 😢 Craigslist is a good place to find goslings. A different breed could be nice too so that the Pilgrim look will always be sealed in your hearts as Mayflower. 🥰From my research, the other breeds that are as sweet as Pilgrims are Sebastopol, Toulouse (especially dewlap), and American Buff.

I am so sorry for your great loss. 😢 Craigslist is a good place to find goslings. A different breed could be nice too so that the Pilgrim look will always be sealed in your hearts as Mayflower. 🥰From my research, the other breeds that are as sweet as Pilgrims are Sebastopol, Toulouse (especially dewlap), and American Buff.
Thank you so much for replying. I appreciate the kindness and understanding so much! I had put this on a Pilgrim Goose facebook site and someone contacted me. They have eggs in an incubator and will have goslings for sale within 2 weeks.
She was so nice, and they only live about 10 or 15 min. from us! We are all praying there is a female gosling! Seems like it just might be meant to be. We're hoping!

Oh no I had no idea until recently. I was looking at Pilgrims Geese groups on Facebook and saw your post about Mayflower. This is so terribly sad. I am so so sorry. 💔❤️‍🩹💔❤️‍🩹💔❤️‍🩹💔❤️‍🩹💔

Oh no I had no idea until recently. I was looking at Pilgrims Geese groups on Facebook and saw your post about Mayflower. This is so terribly sad. I am so so sorry. 💔❤️‍🩹💔❤️‍🩹💔❤️‍🩹💔❤️‍🩹💔
Thank you SO much. I appreciate that more than I can see. We were gutted. Someone who saw my post contacted me and said they had Pilgrim eggs from their own pair of geese and they were in New Hampshire! Talk about fate---It turned out that they lived 15 min. away! They had several eggs in an incubator with one due to hatch within the next 10 days, and more a week or so later. The one egg turned out to be a girl and we got her! The people were wonderful. They kept emailing photos of the hatch, and we were able to pick her up when she was not even 24 hours old! We named her Gabby. This was in mid/late June. Gabby is a love and has imprinted on us. She has helped our hearts heal. She is now so big, and is 3 1/2 weeks old!! Here are a few photos. Thank you again for your kind words. ♥️ gabby_mom copy.jpg gabby3 copy.jpg gabby1 copy.jpg 3wkgab1 copy.jpg gabbygoose1 copy.jpg gabbypool5 copy.jpg gabbygoose2 copy.jpg

Oh my heart! Such wonderful sweetness to help you heal! Thanks God that’s amazing how you got precious little Gabby. Thanks for the pictures. Cuteness personified in that little gal!

UPDATE~Gabby is now over 2 months old. She wears goose boots to go on 'walkies' on her lease for meet and greets in our area~ People love her wherever we go, and they stop us as she waddles down Main St. and take her photo! She's been photographed hundreds of times! These were taken last weekend. We are so lucky to have her! ❤️ :)
gabby_blueshoes.jpg

gabbyshoes1 copy.jpg
gabby7 copy.jpg
gabby1 copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom