OUR CHICKS ARE HERE! Thanks MyPetChicken.com!

eponagirl

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Quiet Corner, CT
celebrate.gif
I ordered 3 Black Australorp chicks and 3 Golden Laced Wyandotte chicks (all supposed to be pullets) from MyPetChicken.com in March for delivery this week...got the call from the P.O. this morning! They ate like crazy and finally figured out the water...that was a little challenging, but I think all have taken a drink by now. They look happy: mostly have soft little chirps, sometimes silence, sometimes go under the heat lamp, sometimes back over to the food/water and all around...I am hoping that means I got the temperature right.
fl.gif

24700_chicksday1.jpg

24700_chicks1day.jpg

24700_chicksdogsday1.jpg

That pic has the two boys who have been curious since we set up the brooder...our female has not approved of this plan yet, she stays away and keeps randomly barking, as if to say...hey what about ME?? (she is the "first born")

I am just glad the chicks are alive and seem to be healthy!!
yippiechickie.gif

Our dogs are all Australian Shepherds. The ones in the pic are a black tri color and a red merle color.

Yes, it's only day one and they can't wait to boss these poor lil' guys around!!
wink.png

Last edited:
I like your whole idea of just a little pan of scratch/litter...not as much mess in the food and water! Also what kinds did you get...I was just looking at mypetchicken last night thinking about ordering a few to add variety with my WLG girls. Where u live what was your minumum? I only want about 5 and unfortunantly I think my min is going to be 8 because my closest city is half an hour but it's Harrisburg, and it's not listed as a major city on their info page. :-(

Holding my breath for MY delivery from MPC next week. According to my schedule my fuzzies should be pokinginto their air sacks tomorrow to start hatching Saturday and Sunday. Not being impatient or anything
lol.png

I wondered why I hadn't seen more people ordering from MPC. I love that site and have order other stuff from them. IT's nice to see their little chickies ship well.
thumbsup.gif

The closest city to us is Hartford (40min away) and I wasn't sure if I would end up getting more than the 6 I ordered, but 6 is what came!

Very happy with MPC so far!

We ordered 6 from MPC and we've been so happy with them. Their cust service is phenomenal, and more importantly the chicks came happy and healthy (we got a mix of this and that). Would definitely order from them again.

Back
Top Bottom