Our coop progress

dcouette

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
Dryden, ON
Started our chicken coop about 3 weeks ago. Currently have 25 ISA Brown's and 5 white leg horns. We are loving every minute of it.
88032_coop_de_ville_058.jpg

Originally the coop was 4 x 12
88032_coop_de_ville_029.jpg

88032_coop_de_ville_032.jpg

Definately too small for 30 chickens! Doubled the size to 8 x 12 - Much better!

88032_coop_de_ville_048.jpg

88032_coop_de_ville_053.jpg

Starting to look like a chicken coop!

88032_coop_de_ville_078.jpg

88032_coop_de_ville_082.jpg

My first attempt at shingling! Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself

88032_chickens_003.jpg

Installing the insultated nesting boxes - our winters sometime hit - 30 so gotta make sure the girls are going to be warm!

Some pics of our girls!

88032_chickens_014.jpg

88032_chickens_039.jpg

88032_chickens_053.jpg

Our furry baby Koda helping out throught the whole process!
88032_chickens_032.jpg

Hope you have enjoyed our adventure so far, we sure have!

Last edited:
Nice looking coop.
thumbsup.gif
Can't wait to see the finished product. It's a very satisfying accomplishment when you build your own coop. I love your dog Koda. What a precious little face.
welcome-byc.gif
. Have fun and enjoy your adventure with your girls.

Your coop looks a lot like mine, shingles and all! Except we stayed with the small version because we only have 6 chickens. Tonight is their second night in the coop. I am anxious about raccoons, but we have done everything we can to make it secure, so just have to hope for the best. Tonight when I checked on them, they were all up on their roost except one. I went in and put her on, because she was trying to get up there. Last night they huddled in the corner, as they had been doing in their brooder. Guess they are big girls now! Have fun with your chickies. They are a blast!

Looks really similar to the "plans" I sent my brother (who is building my coop). Even the size- I told him 8'x12'. We'll see what I get back, though- he's in the construction industry and didn't like some of my ideas, so he maybe doing his own thing.
roll.png
I love that style of coop! Can't wait to see it progress!

Back
Top Bottom