Our English Orps

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Winston/Clementine chicks do you hope to have when this hatch is finished? Undoubtedly, you're planning to raise them all for future breeding, BUT if you see you have a surplus...

Joy- what colors do you have pipping? Can you tell yet?

I hope they all hatch for you!
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Well, enough about fertility already. Not a doubt in my mind that your Orp eggs are fertile, Joy. I know you hatch regularly to check fertility. And just like the rest of us, we get an egg every now and then that is not fertile. It's all part of the game.

I just wanna see another Clem baby!
frow.gif
Tell us it's making progress???

Well, let's see. If everything hatches, I will have 9 Clementine chicks. She has again decided she is too good to lay, so I haven't gotten an egg from her in a week or so. It is frustrating to try to build a flock with only 1 hen and it is slow going, especially when she does not want to cooperate and give me any eggs !! But if I only ever get 9 chicks from her, I will be happy, and she can live out the remainder of her life in leisure here.

Renee, can't tell what colors yet. Hopefully, will have a chick soon and will know !!

Joe - Trust me, I won't forget about you !! How could I when you remind me on a continual basis
lau.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep, I've been hatching nonstop since March and I have a gazillion orders for chicks, so will likely be hatching until next March !!
ep.gif

I just checked on the egg and the pip is getting bigger (not zipping yet), but I can see the little beak popping through the shell. Hopefully it won't be much longer and I'll have a chick and pictures !! The other eggs are pipping along too.
thumbsup.gif

Yeah, nine's a good number. I'd say Clem's done well. You've got a good start on your little English flock.
thumbsup.gif
So, does that mean all future Clem babies come to live with Auntie Paula??
wee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom