Our English Orps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Their the seniors of my Buff flock. 2 year oles. I am using two girls with Thurston, the Buff cock I am showing at our State Fair this coming week The rest are with the Big Bopper. I am hoping for a break in the heat to finish the pen for their babies to grow out. For now the babies are stuffed into two cages. I really am addicted to hatching them out. I keep sayin no more Buf chicks, and I keep seeing these babies and they change my mind. I will prolly have about 50 chicks from them come fall to pick a couple from.

Well, with 50 chicks to choose from, you should have a nice selection- I wish you were closer, I would look at your rejects!

Quote:
I don't get a whole lot of eggs from these girls. About an egg every other day at best when their layin. Or like sweetness who MAY give me 25 eggs a year. So every egg goes into the bators. I still have 3 foam bators packed of only Orp eggs.

Here is one more pic of the kids. Much more fluff at such an early age.

000_7199.jpg

Last edited:
lildinkem

Very pretty buffs. I think you have something with these birds. I will be standing in line wanting some of these. It's a shame they are not better layers.

Quote:
I don't get a whole lot of eggs from these girls. About an egg every other day at best when their layin. Or like sweetness who MAY give me 25 eggs a year. So every egg goes into the bators. I still have 3 foam bators packed of only Orp eggs.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx94/lildinkem/000_7199.jpg?t=1281657659

Bill....I think it's time to clean their pen!!

Quote:

lolol KATY I think your right. I still am clingin to the belief that I will get away from this computer (off my A$$) and go out while it is only 85 degrees and stretch the fencing to keep them safe from their moms and aunts, and get them out in the pen. I was up till 3am two nites ago moving out all my Wyandottes and more Tonka Buffs. Tonite is looking like a late one too. I do my best chicken work late at nite.

Quote:

lolol KATY I think your right. I still am clingin to the belief that I will get away from this computer (off my A$$) and go out while it is only 85 degrees and stretch the fencing to keep them safe from their moms and aunts, and get them out in the pen. I was up till 3am two nites ago moving out all my Wyandottes and more Tonka Buffs. Tonite is looking like a late one too. I do my best chicken work late at nite.

Maybe you should cut back on hatching till you can house them all in decent conditions. It's not fair to any bird or animal to make them live in their own filth.

Quote:

Is it my imagination, or do those birds look almost silkied?? My eyes are bad, but still...

Quote:

Maybe you should cut back on hatching till you can house them all in decent conditions. It's not fair to any bird or animal to make them live in their own filth.

That is very true. IF I only had a dozen or a hundred they get the same filthy treatment. I am very hard on my chicks. Surprisingly I don't loose many. I've cleaned my pens and seen a chick poop only to see another run up and eat it. Even with food right there next to them.
They spend 2 months inside weather permitted they go out then after. And these guys are right on schedule on heading outside. Then they spend another two months in portable pens before heading to the permanant pens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom