Our First Coop

808momof4

Songster
Feb 19, 2019
We framed out our coop today. Our 4 girls got some hands on learning with my contractor husband. It was a great day. We still have to frame out the nesting boxes, add 2 windows, build the chicken ramp and consider a door (we live in the tropics and it might not be necessary). Then build a small run. We plan to free range the girls, so we don't need a huge run.

Some pics:
59925.jpeg
IMG_20190317_194845_272.jpg
20190317_140721.jpg

We framed out our coop today. Our 4 girls got some hands on learning with my contractor husband. It was a great day. We still have to frame out the nesting boxes, add 2 windows, build the chicken ramp and consider a door (we live in the tropics and it might not be necessary). Then build a small run. We plan to free range the girls, so we don't need a huge run.

Some pics: View attachment 1705558 View attachment 1705559 View attachment 1705560
That looks awesome! What a fun, hands on day. Looks like you have one of the locals ready to move in. Hope it pays some rent!!! :jumpy:jumpy:jumpyEnjoy!

Last edited:

Some pics: View attachment 1705558 View attachment 1705559 View attachment 1705560

Wow! That is an amazing coop! :D

We have went way off topic :lol: (it is hard not to when you start talking about horses ;)) but I have to ask, are those your horses? They are beautiful! If you would like to, I have a thread called “Starlight’s Training Adventure”
And I would love if you could post there and give me any tips or things that you do with your horses to work on with my Star! :)

We have went way off topic :lol: (it is hard not to when you start talking about horses ;)) but I have to ask, are those your horses? They are beautiful! If you would like to, I have a thread called “Starlight’s Training Adventure”
And I would love if you could post there and give me any tips or things that you do with your horses to work on with my Star! :)
The best threads bounce around. All in good fun!

Back
Top Bottom