Our first Flock, Let's play boy or girl!

pushjerk

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2017
Alright everyone. We're new to this, and still going off how the feed store ID'd the breeds, and based on a little research. Please keep me honest there.

Really curious about Gender. So Chicken Sages, please chime in. Our flock is about six weeks old.

This is Ryan Seacrest. Our Maran. If we have a roo, we think it's this one. The biggest, and bossiest.

Here's Ryan again surrounded by the other "Gals."

Ryan and Phyllis, our Golden Laced Wyandotte (Originally ID'd as Silver Laced by Feed Store folks as a tiny chick).

Ryan and Phyllis again.

And here is a photo of the whole gang from about a week ago.

Thanks for any input. Will post some better profile shots as they come.

Thanks sassysarah. If that is indeed the case, it's kind of a bummer, as we may not have roo's inside the city limits, and we'll have to say goodbye to Ryan Seacrest, who we actually kinda like - a lot:(. We have a friend with a farm outside of town that is prepared to take any roo's we might end up with.

Last edited:
Alright everyone. We're new to this, and still going off how the feed store ID'd the breeds, and based on a little research. Please keep me honest there. Really curious about Gender. So Chicken Sages, please chime in. Our flock is about six weeks old. This is Ryan Seacrest. Our Maran. If we have a roo, we think it's this one. The biggest, and bossiest. Here's Ryan again surrounded by the other "Gals." Ryan and Phyllis, our Golden Laced Wyandotte (Originally ID'd as Silver Laced by Feed Store folks as a tiny chick). Ryan and Phyllis again. And here is a photo of the whole gang from about a week ago. Thanks for any input. Will post some better profile shots as they come.
I just want to say my how beautiful your pictures are!

I just want to say my how beautiful your pictures are!

Thank you for the kind words, woodenfarm. My wife is a photographer by trade, and this is her just her relaxing with camera in hand. She is quite talented. Expect many more tasteful chicken photos!

So now that we know Ryan is a dude, let's check out Phyllis.

Redding comb, slight Redding waddles....?

Back
Top Bottom