Our Flock has been killed!

Uncle_Bubba

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 29, 2010
Conway township Mi
I don't know what happened but when I left for work this morning at 6:15 I let the chickens out to free range like I always do when its light out. My fiancee got home at 9 am to find almost the entire flock dead in the yard. What would do this? A fox or coon would at least take what they kill and eat it. Stray dog? Coyotes? Very sad morning. Now its time to get the last few days of eggs into the bator to restock. very sad day

OH GEEZE, I am so sorry this happened! I would bet a neighbor's dog, although I don't know for sure.....A friend of mine had a raccoon kill all her chicks without eating them......

Seems like such a waste and I am again so sorry for your loss! Wish you lived closer, I'd give you some of mine because I have a bit too many!

Take care,

Sharon

It could of really been anything, but I would be a neighbors wondering pet or a stray
hit.gif

In y experience Never let your pets wonder around if you are not home to watch them ( and if you have to leave, make sure they are in a Run)

I am sorry to hear about your loss
sad.png

A fox would definately do that. They hunt for the sport so they kill them all and just eat one. Same with weazels and ferrets.
sad.png

I had a fox do that to my flock last year, we saw him run off so I know it was a fox. The theory is I interupted him killing and than taking them to his den for momma and the pups.

Back
Top Bottom