Our Flock Photos

Saxonys are so cute.
They are and they have such beautiful feather patterns!
love.gif

I took some more pictures this afternoon! The snow and ice is melting, but it's cloudy... so most of the pictures aren't that great. A few did turn out well though!

Vienna

Reyna landing (maybe more like crash-landing)
tongue.png

Snuggles

Blaire

Dory (she is molting)
big_smile.png

Blaire flying

Phyllis

Ella (also molting)

Reyna... when one duck strikes mud...

Her sister joins...

Then they were kicked out by the more senior members of the flock.
lol.png

Oliver is the guardian of the flock, he always alerts everyone to danger. He was happily foraging...

Then a falcon came over! (I wouldn't have seen it unless Oliver alerted me to it)

Then he was VERY alert!
lau.gif

Fin

I took some more pictures this afternoon! The snow and ice is melting, but it's cloudy... so most of the pictures aren't that great. A few did turn out well though! Vienna Reyna landing (maybe more like crash-landing) :p Snuggles Blaire Dory (she is molting) :D Blaire flying Phyllis Ella (also molting) Reyna... when one duck strikes mud... Her sister joins... Then they were kicked out by the more senior members of the flock. :lol: Oliver is the guardian of the flock, he always alerts everyone to danger. He was happily foraging... Then a falcon came over! (I wouldn't have seen it unless Oliver alerted me to it) Then he was VERY alert! :lau Fin
I can't stand all the cutness!!!! Great pictures, Joel!

I took some more pictures this afternoon! The snow and ice is melting, but it's cloudy... so most of the pictures aren't that great. A few did turn out well though! Vienna Reyna landing (maybe more like crash-landing) :p Snuggles Blaire Dory (she is molting) :D Blaire flying Phyllis Ella (also molting) Reyna... when one duck strikes mud... Her sister joins... Then they were kicked out by the more senior members of the flock. :lol: Oliver is the guardian of the flock, he always alerts everyone to danger. He was happily foraging... Then a falcon came over! (I wouldn't have seen it unless Oliver alerted me to it) Then he was VERY alert! :lau Fin
Awesome pictures!! They're soo cute! :love

More pictures!! Yay!!

I love your ducks, and how Cute Lil Oliver is so alert for his flock. Does he do the Ducky Stare, where they tilt their heads to the side, so that their eye is facing up? My ducks used to do that, they were surprisingly good at noticing predators.
Once, when my brother and dad and I were outside, about five feet from the ducks, a falcon flashed down from the sky, even with us right there! The falcon dove for the ducks, and the ducks scattered (There were two of them). The falcon got confused, and by that time, we figured out what was happening, and ran towards it. It flew away as quickly as it came.
The ducks didn't have one scratch on them
smile.png

The ducks are always telling me about things I dont even notice! I see em look up, I look up, and see a hawk flying over. Good thing Im not a duck, else I'd be hawk lunch by now
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom