Our handicapped rooster has swollen, frostbitten wattles, what do we do?

View attachment 2936592View attachment 2936593

We pulled the blanket off his cage this morning to find his wattles have gotten more swollen than yesterday, we brought him in because he was getting bullied and kept away from the water and food by the other chickens, if someone knows what's wrong, then please tell us
I would not handle the frostbitten tissue, that would be painful.
The tips of his comb will turn necrotic and eventually fall off and the comb will be rounded.
The edges of the wattles will likely do the same.
The swelling at the throat is a little odd - does he have any lesions or canker inside his beak?

What do you mean by "handicapped" - can he walk, move about? He was being bulled by other chickens (roosters?)

I would not handle the frostbitten tissue, that would be painful.
The tips of his comb will turn necrotic and eventually fall off and the comb will be rounded.
The edges of the wattles will likely do the same.
The swelling at the throat is a little odd - does he have any lesions or canker inside his beak?

What do you mean by "handicapped" - can he walk, move about? He was being bulled by other chickens (roosters?)
I'm sorry for getting here so late, and I'll just say it here, he didn't get sick or die from the swollen face, but he did run off because his last girlfriend died. He most likely froze as it gets into the negatives, I would like to explain that he was handicapped because his feet were turned in and grew like that, he would waddle around and the bullying from the other roosters isn't what caused it, he just grew up with them. He did get bullied though, both because of his feet and because he was smaller than the others.

Thank you for your concern though:)

I'm sorry for getting here so late, and I'll just say it here, he didn't get sick or die from the swollen face, but he did run off because his last girlfriend died. He most likely froze as it gets into the negatives, I would like to explain that he was handicapped because his feet were turned in and grew like that, he would waddle around and the bullying from the other roosters isn't what caused it, he just grew up with them. He did get bullied though, both because of his feet and because he was smaller than the others.

Thank you for your concern though:)
Sorry to hear you did lose him.

Thank you for updating the thread.

Back
Top Bottom