Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Ribh

Enabler
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
I can't imagine riding out a 3. Did it surprise you that it was that strong or was that a surprise?
It was interesting. Not surprised really. Our house is built to withstand a cat 4 though cyclones don't often come this far south. Our windows were bending in & out by 4". Surprised we never lost any but the man built it & the core is built to shelter us if the house explodes.

Ribh

Enabler
Dec 18, 2018
My Coop
I love seeing pictures of everyone’s chickens!
Years ago I lived in Allentown, PA, and every year the Fair was set up across from where I lived.
I spent hours back at the livestock and agricultural area, and I would look at all the different chickens for hours. And the rabbits, too.
I love looking at the animals at the fair too! This is the first year in the last 40 years that we haven't gone to at least one fair...:(
Island living has well prepared us for covid isolation. :lol: Almost nothing has changed for us though we did notice the lack of crowds when we went to the coast yesterday.

BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
I love seeing pictures of everyone’s chickens!
Years ago I lived in Allentown, PA, and every year the Fair was set up across from where I lived.
I spent hours back at the livestock and agricultural area, and I would look at all the different chickens for hours. And the rabbits, too.
I've been to the Allentown fair but for me it was always the Bloomsburg Fair. This is the first year we have not gone in a long time. COVID and all. The animal exhibits are our favorites as well.

BY Bob

Premium Feather Member
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
It was interesting. Not surprised really. Our house is built to withstand a cat 4 though cyclones don't often come this far south. Our windows were bending in & out by 4". Surprised we never lost any but the man built it & the core is built to shelter us if the house explodes.
That's crazy. I've ridden out a 1 and that was too much for me.

Ribh

Enabler
Dec 18, 2018
My Coop
That's crazy. I've ridden out a 1 and that was too much for me.
We've done 3 here I think. By the time they get this far south it's mostly noise & bluster but the eye of the 3 went right over the top of us & that was scary! The silence after the noise was unbelievable & of course the kidlets all thought it was over & were trying to get out the door. It was only when the wind started up again they believed it still wasn't safe. :lau

WhoDatChick

Enabler
Sep 6, 2018
Nawlins, Louisiana
So thankful that you are all safe! We're still praying for those that were hit hard. Prayerfully this will be the last one for the year. Hopefully your hunting camp wasn't destroyed! Thank you so much for the update! :hugs 💞
Thank you! Yes, hopefully the last for sure! The camp has roof damage and some siding as well... hubs will go this Saturday and see how extensive...

I think I figured out why or partly why I haven’t been on lately... as I start to read through the threads I begin to fall asleep 😳 ... I was just on Bob’s thread and couldn’t get to the end.. and I wanted to hurry and get here to reply... it’s been happening:confused:... pretty unusual for me.

BY Bob

Premium Feather Member
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
Thank you! Yes, hopefully the last for sure! The camp has roof damage and some siding as well... hubs will go this Saturday and see how extensive...

I think I figured out why or partly why I haven’t been on lately... as I start to read through the threads I begin to fall asleep 😳 ... I was just on Bob’s thread and couldn’t get to the end.. and I wanted to hurry and get here to reply... it’s been happening:confused:... pretty unusual for me.
So my thread is sleep inducing, good to know. I can recommend it to insomniacs. Thanks.....😴

Top Bottom