Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Pics
One of my best friends brought me a gift today!!! 💞

I don't know which one to use first!!!
Mugs from JJ 7.14.2020.jpg

Okay a couple of more nesting box pictures...I'm sorry, but I'm starting to get very excited!!!

I put in the Timothy hay and added a golf ball into each box, hopefully they will feel inspired. I also added a bar so that it will be easier for them to get into the boxes, I don't know if it was necessary, just want to make sure! This also gives a good view of the hinged lip Dale put in when he built the box to keep the straw and eggs in place, the hinge will make it easier to clean out!
Nexting Box - Step, Filled & Fake Egg.jpg

First one on the step...what's in there...just a little peck...lol!
Just a little Peck   7.14.2020.jpg

More of the girls checking it out! Roo also had to see what it was all about!
Checking it out 2  7.14.2020.jpg

Checking it out  7.14.2020.jpg

Okay a couple of more nesting box pictures...I'm sorry, but I'm starting to get very excited!!!

I put in the Timothy hay and added a golf ball into each box, hopefully they will feel inspired. I also added a bar so that it will be easier for them to get into the boxes, I don't know if it was necessary, just want to make sure! This also gives a good view of the hinged lip Dale put in when he built the box to keep the straw and eggs in place, the hinge will make it easier to clean out!
View attachment 2244147

First one on the step...what's in there...just a little peck...lol!
View attachment 2244151

More of the girls checking it out! Roo also had to see what it was all about!
View attachment 2244150

View attachment 2244152

Nice set up Rene, and I do like a bar in front of the boxes too. It's a good sign they're curious!

Nice set up Rene, and I do like a bar in front of the boxes too. It's a good sign they're curious!
Thank you! That's what I was thinking, they are very curious about anything we do. I hope they are good girls and I don't have to go on an Easter egg hunt when they start laying, but at least they are in a contained area if they decide they like a spot outside better, so it won't be as bad as it was when we let the Banty's roam free! 💞

Great mugs, your friend has excellent taste :D
She's a lot of fun...I was still laughing about it when I went to bed last night!!!🙂

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! We went to our daughter's and then we went to our son's house! Then, when I got home I got sick, so haven't felt up to being online! Now, I have to...One of my girls laid her first egg! :wee :love My husband was teasing me saying that his Banty's laid bigger eggs than she did...I just stuck my tongue out at him and told him they will get bigger!!! I placed it next to a large white egg from Costco!!! She laid it in the box, yay, if I had found it I would have taken a picture of it in there, but that's okay!!!

First Egg  7.28.2020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom