Our Mixed Flock Journey!

We raised, sold and ate meat rabbits when we had our little farm in Florida. And so did other people we knew, mostly on a small scale as a way of supplementing income and food for the table. It also wasn't unusual to see meat rabbits for sale at our local farmer's market, just like you'd see produce or canned goods for sale.

One guy we knew had a huge rabbitry business, he supplied rabbit meat to a couple of local restaurants. He was able to make a decent living off that.
Sadly, I don't think I'm going to find any buyers for our rabbits! There are just to many for sale right now!

Speaking only for myself, I whine a lot. :gig
Did Google Correct install that h into your word :idunno :hugs
Now this is becoming a debate., thorns or no thorns. Hmmmm
Just for the record,,,,, I don't eat the thorns:barnie
And here as well. There are tons of them available too.
The cops always come and investigate every time I shot some in the hood. They told me there was too much crime active here. :idunno
We raised, sold and ate meat rabbits when we had our little farm in Florida. And so did other people we knew, mostly on a small scale as a way of supplementing income and food for the table. It also wasn't unusual to see meat rabbits for sale at our local farmer's market, just like you'd see produce or canned goods for sale.

One guy we knew had a huge rabbitry business, he supplied rabbit meat to a couple of local restaurants. He was able to make a decent living off that.
Many here have seen this. Yes they are cute bunnies. :drool:drool:drool
1603742430612.png

Did Google Correct install that h into your word :idunno :hugs

Just for the record,,,,, I don't eat the thorns:barnie

The cops always come and investigate every time I shot some in the hood. They told me there was too much crime active here. :idunno

Many here have seen this. Yes they are cute bunnies. :drool:drool:drool
You never fail to make me smile & laugh! šŸ˜‚

I hope it skirts by you again. I will be glad when hurricane season ends! Other than that...how is everything going?
Seven of them had us (us being where I live) in the bullseye when first starting out but all have went east or west so we have lucked out! This one will be the closest to us so far.... we will be fine but it will be going straight over our camp! At least itā€™s not that strong and it is a fast mover... hopefully our camp will be fine as hunting season starts in a couple of weeks šŸ˜¬
I am fine, thanks! Still waiting to see if Marcia and Jan are actually Greg and Peter šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø... most of the others are molting and looking pretty shabby!

I bet they love them! Hopefully you will have more next year! We planted 3 different varieties...one of them died... Ouachita...so I will have to replace it next year and I think the other 2 varieties are Apache and a brand new trailing variety called Triple Crown!
That will be my project for next spring, planting some berry bushes (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries...).
For my birds and for us humans.

Back
Top Bottom