Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Well, something just came up that I have to share! I have a friend...he's my youngest sons best friend locally...anyway he is really getting into raising chickens! I'm giving him one of my FBCM roosters and he is going to be picking up some Cream Legbar hens. I asked him to get a couple of the Legbars for me and the guy he's buying from also has Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and Lavender Orpingtons...yes, I'm also getting another Orpington and one or two Wyandottes in a couple of weeks. I wound up not getting the other hens from my other friend, so I will be able to breed my Legbars to my Marans and get myself some Olive eggers...would be awesome if they look like my little Madeleine!
That is awesome! I love the all those chickens, and I really would love to have a GLW myself, and I really want a lavender Orpington.

I have been tossing such an IDEA for ever to my Illinois Community. I call it Rent-A-Rooster.
We are not allowed to have roosters in most of our Chicago Metro, surrounding towns. Not to mention outright bans on chickens altogether in some areas. (My two adjacent suburban towns, Northlake, and Franklin Park, total ban :hit :hit :hit )
In adjacent Dupage County, some towns do have an exemption on roosters if family members are involved in 4H.. Of course if neighbors complain , then Sheriff comes with guns drawn:gig, and instructs you to remove..
I'm sorry Cavey...I'm glad I live in the country...you should look for a house in the country...then you can start your rent a rooster! :yesss: :highfive:

That is awesome! I love the all those chickens, and I really would love to have a GLW myself, and I really want a lavender Orpington.
They are all very beautiful...I'm super excited about getting them. I'm afraid I'm setting myself up for another broody, time will tell! 😊

Well, something just came up that I have to share! I have a friend...he's my youngest sons best friend locally...anyway he is really getting into raising chickens! I'm giving him one of my FBCM roosters and he is going to be picking up some Cream Legbar hens. I asked him to get a couple of the Legbars for me and the guy he's buying from also has Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and Lavender Orpingtons...yes, I'm also getting another Orpington and one or two Wyandottes in a couple of weeks. I wound up not getting the other hens from my other friend, so I will be able to breed my Legbars to my Marans and get myself some Olive eggers...would be awesome if they look like my little Madeleine!

That is awesome! I have been reading but not able to comment much. Loved the pictures of your trip! I think you will love the Wyandottes. Just be prepared for broody mayhem! 😆

I'm excited to meet them too, I think I'm going to wait on the Wyandotte's and get one when I order a Blue Andalusian, if I can find one available! :)
They are beautiful.
20210122_134102.jpg

Back
Top Bottom