Our Mixed Flock Journey!

I can sit out in my back yard and watch chickens for hours.
Don't forget to bring the Espresso in that new cup with you. :thumbsup
I can also sit on the patio with a cup in hand and enjoy the view.
The ducks are daily visitors. there are 2 separate pairs that visit daily. I can distinguish, between the two pairs, because one of the hens walks with a limp. The other does not limp. The limping one is same one that was visiting last year. Her limp was more severe last year, but I guess she recovered significantly.:hugs💞.. Makes me happy to see her doing well. They come for dinner that drops from bird feeder above. I feed birdies year-round. The sparrows already hatched their young, I'm in Zone 5.
IMG_20210411_165632563.jpg

Below a few got into the fire-pit ashes. Seem they like a dust bath daily now that it is warm.
IMG_20210421_165219054.jpg

Good morning everyone! I'm on the road again. Our AC is out and we are waiting for the new AC & Furnace to get delivered. I have to go fill one of our welding tanks so that hubs can put it in when it finally arrives. It's starting to warm up during the day, but thankfully it cools down enough at night so we're not completely miserable! Hubs kept our old unit going for 25 years and when it started leaking this time, he decided to just go ahead and get a new one! Never a dull moment around here!

I hope you all have a fantastic day! :)
Rene, your home improvement projects are neverending.
Thank the Lord that you and Hubs are good at those things!
Good luck with your latest projects! 🥰

The ducks are daily visitors. there are 2 separate pairs that visit daily. I can distinguish, between the two pairs, because one of the hens walks with a limp. The other does not limp. The limping one is same one that was visiting last year. Her limp was more severe last year, but I guess she recovered significantly.:hugs💞.. Makes me happy to see her doing well. They come for dinner that drops from bird feeder above. I feed birdies year-round. The sparrows already hatched their young, I'm in Zone 5.
View attachment 2654945
Below a few got into the fire-pit ashes. Seem they like a dust bath daily now that it is warm.
View attachment 2654940
Your bird feeder is so pretty. Did you make it yourself?
Your visiting ducks are adorable. Ducks are really cute. Messy, but cute!
I read that wood fire ashes make great dust baths for chickens. This is proof!

View attachment 2654945
View attachment 2654940
I would love to have ducks come visit! Your flock and yard are very beautiful Cavey! 💗

Rene, your home improvement projects are neverending.
Thank the Lord that you and Hubs are good at those things!
Good luck with your latest projects! 🥰
I know, right! I'm glad it started to act up before the weather got too hot! We're taking out the old units and getting ready to install the new ones. Of course hubs wants to make some changes...you can't just take one out and slide in the next one...you have to improve it...oh well, it will only take a little more time...hopefully! 😂

Thank you Kat! :love

Did you make it yourself?
No, but I already rebuilt/repaired it a few times. It is natural unpainted wood, and is holding up well. The nails that held it together, gave way. I replaced with appropriate screws. I like the way it provides perch space for birds to sit, and pick seeds. The one that it replaced, had very small perch spot, that larger birds, like blackbirds, had difficulty standing. I overcame that by attaching small branches to that feeder.
This one does not need any additional branches.

I know, right! I'm glad it started to act up before the weather got too hot! We're taking out the old units and getting ready to install the new ones. Of course hubs wants to make some changes...you can't just take one out and slide in the next one...you have to improve it...oh well, it will only take a little more time...hopefully! 😂

Thank you Kat! :love
That is correct. Any replacement is an opportunity to improve. I moved mine away from my patio the last time I changed it out. So much nicer to have it on the other side of the house.

That is correct. Any replacement is an opportunity to improve. I moved mine away from my patio the last time I changed it out. So much nicer to have it on the other side of the house.
That would be much nicer. I'm glad we're not moving it, we are just raising the platform it sits on & changing how the line enters the house! He has to do some modifications to the ductwork on the inside as the new air handler is a little taller than our old one!

Back
Top Bottom