Our Mixed Flock Journey!

I know...he about made me jump out of my skin the other morning...:eek::gig

We have an amazing zoo here.. and the peacocks are roaming free there... so whenever we go that’s the main animal sound you will hear... I just love it!
Which of the 2 of you is in pix below???

zoo.PNG

I just love this thread. I found it a few months ago but haven't had time to catch up on all of it yet (I'm on page 70 haha). Thank you for journaling your flock! I really wish I had done this when we started - in March 2020 like you. Your set up is beautiful!
Hello and welcome! Thank you for following my journey. 💞 I love the home we've been able to provide for our flock and we've had some fun times with them. One day I might have some time to go back and read things I've forgotten about.
I must warn you though...in January we started a kitchen remodel that took us 6 months...so the journaling went a different direction. When you get to that point if you don't want to read about it, just skip ahead 6 months...lol!

Which of the 2 of you is in pix below???

View attachment 2780093
Oh my goodness...I hope this doesn't happen...I am slightly taller than that though...😂
I'm just waking up and I'm listening to the roosters crow and what is that I hear in the background...the Peacock has really been sounding off this morning too. He's either becoming more comfortable here or is just competing with the roos...:gig

Last edited:
I believe they roam free at the Seattle zoo too! I love them. We haven't seen him spread his tail feathers yet, he's pretty much hiding out in the back corner of our property, hopefully he will get comfortable & come into our yard so we can truly enjoy him. 💞
We will need to figure out how to give him a warm place during the winter...they're not really cold weather birds. We're kind of thinking we might be able to convert the old chicken pen for him...we might slowly move his food and water into there. I need to see if anybody here at BYC keeps them. 💞
I love that you are considering how to help. You are good people.

I love that you are considering how to help. You are good people.
Well, since he's adopted us or rather adopted our yard, I feel responsible for him while he's here. I have to admit, I'm kind of excited to have him and I hope he stays! Thank you Bob!💗

Last edited:
Well, since he's adopted us or rather adopted our yard, I feel responsible for him while he's here. I have to admit, I'm kind of excited to have him and I hope he stays! 💗
That would be very cool if he stayed.
I was looking for the pictures to share but I can't find them. A year or maybe two ago I stayed at a place for a business meeting and they had a pea-hen with chicks that just wandered around the hotel and grounds. I was sitting having tea and the little family were hanging out around me - it was such fun. I can't figure out where the photos have disappeared to. I never saw the daddy (heard him in the mornings though) so they weren't very showy birds, but it was cool hanging with the Mom and her chicks.

That would be very cool if he stayed.
I was looking for the pictures to share but I can't find them. A year or maybe two ago I stayed at a place for a business meeting and they had a pea-hen with chicks that just wandered around the hotel and grounds. I was sitting having tea and the little family were hanging out around me - it was such fun. I can't figure out where the photos have disappeared to. I never saw the daddy (heard him in the mornings though) so they weren't very showy birds, but it was cool hanging with the Mom and her chicks.
That sounds like a lovely setting! If you find the pictures I would love to see them.💞
I told my husband yesterday that we would need to get a pea-hen to keep him company if he stays...not sure what he thought of that...😂

Many years ago we lived in a more rural location, our house has two long gravel driveways and our car would make a terrible noise going down it. There was a peacock that lived across the road which would talk back to our car. :lau
One day it had broken out and came to greet us in the road, in full mating display, strutting back and forth in front of the car! It was hilarious and sad and slightly frightening. It finally gave up and let us pass. We fixed the car not long after.

Many years ago we lived in a more rural location, our house has two long gravel driveways and our car would make a terrible noise going down it. There was a peacock that lived across the road which would talk back to our car. :lau
One day it had broken out and came to greet us in the road, in full mating display, strutting back and forth in front of the car! It was hilarious and sad and slightly frightening. It finally gave up and let us pass. We fixed the car not long after.
Oh my goodness...that would have been a sight to see! Poor frustrated guy! 😂

Back
Top Bottom