Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Hi everyone! I'm finally home and will be here for about a week before heading to Florida! I hope you are all doing well! :)

When we got home I found one of my Welsummer girls had died...I don't really know what happened.😢 I'm beginning to wonder if I should continue to keep chickens with us being gone so much, but I realize that won't always be the case.

I'll try to get some flock and peacock pictures tomorrow. I also have a few pictures from our trip to share, but that will also have to wait until I get a chance! We have a lot of yard and house work to get done. Have a great night! 💗

Glad you are back,, and glad that you do have someone to take care of flock in your absence. Like you stated,,, you are traveling now,,,,,, but that wont be 52 weeks per year. If you would discontinue flock,,, in short time,, you would find that you need to restart. :idunno
When you have a sizable flock,,, it is not uncommon to loose a hen every so often. The reasons can be various,,,,, but not likely due to your absence.

How long will you be visiting in Florida?? It is a 4 day hard ridin trip. (one way) Maybe less depending where in Florida.

Hi everyone! I'm finally home and will be here for about a week before heading to Florida! I hope you are all doing well! :)
When we got home I found one of my Welsummer girls had died...I don't really know what happened.😢 I'm beginning to wonder if I should continue to keep chickens with us being gone so much, but I realize that won't always be the case.

I'll try to get some flock and peacock pictures tomorrow. I also have a few pictures from our trip to share, but that will also have to wait until I get a chance! We have a lot of yard and house work to get done. Have a great night! 💗
I’m sorry to hear you have lost one of your ladies. :( :hugs

I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs:hugs

Glad you are back,, and glad that you do have someone to take care of flock in your absence. Like you stated,,, you are traveling now,,,,,, but that wont be 52 weeks per year. If you would discontinue flock,,, in short time,, you would find that you need to restart. :idunno
When you have a sizable flock,,, it is not uncommon to loose a hen every so often. The reasons can be various,,,,, but not likely due to your absence.

How long will you be visiting in Florida?? It is a 4 day hard ridin trip. (one way) Maybe less depending where in Florida.
Good morning Cavey! Thank you...I just can't help thinking that I might have been able to do something for her. My girls are slowly dwindling down, I do realize it will happen, it just always makes me a little sad.🙁
We will be there for a week. We fly out on 10.2 & come home on the 9th. I'm really looking forward to some grandbaby time!💞

A few pictures from our trip to Pendleton, Oregon! Hoping to get some flock pictures later! :)

I spied this Osprey sitting in the top of a tree. I was able to park my truck on the road between him and the water. I was hoping if he took off he would fly right over me. I sat there for 45 minutes, keeping a pretty close eye on him & then I started to daydream about having a lens with a longer focal length...so I could capture better pictures of him...you can guess what happened next...yep, he took off and came right towards me, looking straight at me...I'm sure he was laughing as he went by!😂
IMG_6279 DPP4 Osprey Wings Bent.JPG

This was a surprise capture...I didn't have my shutter speed set high enough and it resulted in the blurred wings...I love how it turned out...albeit unintentional!
IMG_5957 DPP4 Bird Wings Blurred.JPG

A few Killdeer pictures!
IMG_6047 DPP4 Killdeer Standing.JPG
IMG_6048 DPP4 Killdeer Flying 1.JPG
IMG_6043 DPP4 Killdeer Landing.JPG

IMG_6303 DPP4 Moon with Clouds.JPG
IMG_6339 DPP4 Sunset.JPG

IMG_6350 DPP4 Sunset Wildhorse Golf Course.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom