Our new coop progress pics.

I thought I'd update the coop building. We aren't too speedy but we are old farts.

IMG_2834.jpg
IMG_2835.jpg
IMG_2838.jpg
IMG_2836.jpg
IMG_2847.jpg
IMG_2849.jpg
IMG_2851.jpg
IMG_2852.jpg

Quote:
The roosts will go over the half over the ground. There will be wire under the roosts. We are making the back of the coop higher so it will be easier to rake out the poop pit.
Here are pics of my other coops. only this coop will have a partial petition so I can use the coop as two coops (a duplex) or as a single coop. The bigger picture is when our first coop was new. We have modified it some since this pic was taken but the poop pit is the same.

111609011.jpg
002.jpg

P1010042-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the pics and advice cmom and gsim. I will be building an 8 x 16 shed type coop later this spring and will refer to your pics often. Beautiful coops, both of you.
bow.gif

Quote:
Buy some 2" X 1/8" thick bar stock. Weld pre-drilled 'T's to each end and screw/nail them to perimeter joists. Space them 16-24" OC to support the wire They will not be a barrier to the poop passing thru. Cheaper and easier yet is to buy what is called Coil Bracing. It is a 1/16" X 2' wide roll of galv steel pre-punched for 8 D nails. It is used for internal diagonal strapping beneath the dry wall to prevent the wall frame from racking sideways. Great earthquake protection too. Anyway, just cut to length, bend an 'L' at each end and nail into place. Will support that wire real well. Can even lace the wire to it out in the center of each span because it is pre-punched already. Will keep it from moving about under the wire if the chooks walk back there.

Gerry
cool.png

Quote:
Buy some 2" X 1/8" thick bar stock. Weld pre-drilled 'T's to each end and screw/nail them to perimeter joists. Space them 16-24" OC to support the wire They will not be a barrier to the poop passing thru. Cheaper and easier yet is to buy what is called Coil Bracing. It is a 1/16" X 2' wide roll of galv steel pre-punched for 8 D nails. It is used for internal diagonal strapping beneath the dry wall to prevent the wall frame from racking sideways. Great earthquake protection too. Anyway, just cut to length, bend an 'L' at each end and nail into place. Will support that wire real well. Can even lace the wire to it out in the center of each span because it is pre-punched already. Will keep it from moving about under the wire if the chooks walk back there.

Gerry
cool.png

I already bought the wire. I do have the wire attached in my other coops and the birds get on it with no problems at all. I don't walk on it but I don't have to.

Back
Top Bottom