Our new Rescued Rottie Girl

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
She was a rescue but she will for sure have a permanent home here with us!

This is "Scarlet", she's been with us for a couple weeks now & has settled in so wonderfully. We drove a couple hours south to pick her up, a really lovely woman had found her running around in the road between a couple Churches near her house. She had a bad limp when she was first found and has a Large scar that runs the length of her body. We're not sure about the scar but we assume she must have been hit by a car because she also had a bad limp when she was first found. She's about the sweetest girl, does great with all the birds, even the teeny babies. and best of all, she just LOVES everyone. She does get a little scared around "big" noises and will go hide or get away from it. but it's definitely something we can help her with.

She's got her first Vet appointment scheduled for the 1st so we can get a guess on her age (think shes older) and get her leg checked out to find out if its an injury or displaysia. She also has a cloudy eye that needs to be looked at & of course needs all her vaccinations and worming. Amazingly enough she had no fleas when she was found/when we got her.

DSCN4289.JPG

DSCN4292.JPG

DSCN4293.JPG

Her scar extends from the base of her neck all the way to the base of her tail!
DSCN4295.JPG

DSCN4294.JPG

DSCN4291.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, she is still a little underweight for her size...she is a TALL girl & stilla little skinny across the back. So far i've been keeping food out for her all day but she's a total begger for people food, lol. and how could you resist those eyes???
roll.png

She's built alot like my Lab was. The front end was always bulkier than the rear...I suppose it helped him because he did have hip dysplasia. I think Thunder's was a bit worse though...he couldn't sit in the position that Scarlet is sitting in...maybe it's just the beginning stages. Could also be arthritis or a piece of bone or cartilage that got dislodged when she got hit?

It's not a death sentence...just have to make some adjustments for her if it is dysplasia. Thunder lived to be 14...had to put him down a couple of months ago.

Her leg problem is actually with her front left leg. It sticks out a lot farther than it naturally should at times and if she runs around or plays too much her limp gets a little worse. Most f the time it's like she just has an akward gait.

ETA: my old Rottie girl was built kinda like Scarlet too, BIG in the chest & shoulder and had an obviously smaller rear end. But my old girl was a lot shorter than Scarlet.

Last edited:
She is very cute and sweet looking
love.gif
She will surely make a wonderful companion. Hopefully her physical ailments will improve with a little care and attention (((((Scarlet)))))

my SIL has a website ( http://www.dogtreatkitchen.com/ ) for doggies

she has a lot of recipes for dog treats made w/ people food...only the best for our furry friends

so glad she is getting along w/ your little fuzzy butts...my dog cant make up her mind if she just wants to watch them peck around in the yard or go play w/ them...lol

Back
Top Bottom