Our second egg, did it come from the same chicken?

Lovesilkty21

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
Chandler
Yesterdays:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=295461&p=1
Our
second egg
but with a question, did it come from the same chicken the shape and color are a bit different, I'm wondering
2-11-10003.jpg

2-11-10008.jpg

2-11-10013.jpg

2-11-10016.jpg

2-11-10018.jpg

the roosting location of vanilla last night would suggest that the first egg came from her

They look close enough in color to me to be from the same pullet. Only way to tell is to check all your gal's vents to see who shows signs of laying. I've never done this but do a search and you'll find lots of info on it. CONGRATS on your first two eggs!

We're think only the one lady is laying for sure she laid another egg today although today was the same color at the other 2 more or less but it has dark brown almost purple spots on it(can't say I've ever seen anything like it)
2-12-10003.jpg

2-12-10006.jpg

2-12-10012.jpg

Well, I'm not going to be any help at all...I say it could be from the same chicken, or from another. Helpful, right? Sometimes different eggs from the same chicken can vary slightly in shape or color. Those are pretty close, so could be the same. But there are definitely some differences...so just wait until you get a few more and keep comparing. And spend lots and lots of time with your girls to see who is in the nest boxes
wink.png
After all, what's better than spending time with the girls??? Hopefully you'll find your answer...

When all of my hens started to lay the only way I could figure out who was laying what was sitting out there all day long and once someone came out of the nesting boxes I would open it up and see if there was a warm freshly layed egg in there. I also weigh them everyday. My two BA lay the same color/shape egg so by weighing them I can tell who layed what. The first one that started laying still has the heavier egg.

Here is a pic of the egg my GLW lays (crazy color with spots)
100_2500.jpg

I got an egg that looks alot like yours but the purple spots were a lot larger. I wanted to take a pic but hubby got up to make breakfast before I got to taking a pic.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom