Can you post a picture of it? Has it been pooping normally? Has it been eating and drinking? What kind of food are you giving it? What kind of brooder do you have it in? Lots of questions i know, but this can help people figure out what's wrong, and maybe come up with some ideas.

Not likely a 4 day old chick would be over weight, there is something else affecting them. What breed are they? Can you post pics, it would really help with evaluating what's going on with them...as well as the other questions that have been mentioned. Just being lethargic is not enough information to give complete and accurate advice.

When you say overweight, is it huge for its age, bloated, fluffed up? With four days to eat, it can hardly have put on too much fat. If it was incubated in too hot temps, he would be overly large for his age. Chicks with pasty butt would seem bloated.

I see you've posted about pasty butt before. I assume the same chick? Then it would look bloated and fluffed up. Pasty butt is related to temperature in brooder, so check that it's not too cold or too warm. It should have access to both warm and cold areas so it can regulate itself. Also, is this your only chick? A chick doesn't do well on its own, so that would account for the lack of activity and apathy.

Back
Top Bottom