Owl scare.

Rosebud 18

Songster
9 Years
Jul 10, 2010
middle Tn
About 3 weeks ago around 11:30 we heard a loud noise in our chicken house (we were watching a movie). We let the ducks, chickens and geese all run and sleep together. WE put our shoes on and my husband grabs his gun and flashlight and we ran out there. There was a hugh owl in their house and the geese we keeping it away from the ducks and chickens. My geese sure earned their keep that night. They were really raising a ruckus almost scared me to death. We had left the door opened for them to come and go as they pleased and for better air circlation and had a night light for them. All the ducks and chickens were outside yelling. When my husband snatched the front door open the owl took flight right out the other door. It took us about an hour to get them back in their house and settled down. I felt so sorry for them. Since then we have locked the doors. It never crossed my mind about an owl we have been more concerned about raccoons and cayotes. We have around an acre fenced in with an electric fence around that and their pens and house inside that. We thought they were safe but I guess you can never be to carefull. Sure taught us a lesson on safety.

Well you're lucky you learned a lesson about safety without any injuries or fatalities. Sounds like that was a very fearless owl. Kudos to the geese for saving the day.

Yes Marie I did learn a lesson. We have to be on the lookout for hawks but it just didn't occure to me to watch for owls. Our geese lets us know when there is danger around. When a big bird of any kind flies over the ducks will get real quite.

Back
Top Bottom