Owner of 23 Crested Polish

Polish Chickens

Songster
10 Years
May 9, 2009
Houston
I am the prod owner of 23 crested polish chicks. I recently purchased 25 polish chicks from double r supply which was an online order. when they arrived to my home I opened up the box they were shipped in but had found one dead eventually dead during their transit. A few days later one grew weak and died this morning and the same thing is happening to another one as it's getting weaker and it's not interested in eating or drinking as it's just laying there as it's slowly dying. There isn't much for me to help save it from dying. If it dies at least I have to care and raise the rest of them as long as they stay healthy and strong

welcome-byc.gif
I have wanted polish and silkies for so long now!!!! We wanna see pics!

I will try to post pics if I can except for the dying one. And they're making quite a fuss and fighting for some unflavored cooked noodles that I've just given them as they think they're worms

Sorry that they you have some that didn't make it - I think you will really enjoy the breed. I have 2 hens (Shiloh and Edwina) which are the queens of the homestead! They are my kids pets (polish are friends not food - as my son says!)
lol.png

It's quite sad that 2 of them didn't make it and the other one that is struggling to survive I assume is also not going to make it. But on the other hand I'm also thinking of names to give to the ones that are keeping strong and healthy for the least.

You really need to get chick starter for the chicks as they cannot survive on ramen noodles alone. You will continue to lose them without proper nutrition, they need it ASAP. I am assuming they haven't had chick starter ever??

Polish mortality rates are usually pretty high-they aren't a strong breed at all. In fact, they are really very weak as chicks. Did you put a little sugar in their water? Gives them a boost, at least it did with my crested youngsters. And yes! Get pics ASAP!
lol.png

Edited To Add: Yeah, I'd stop with the noodles and just give them chick starter. That's what they need. Chick starter and water for a few weeks. Noodles won't do much for them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom