Owner of 23 Crested Polish

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Polish Chickens, May 9, 2009.

1. Polish Chickens

Polish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Houston
    I am the prod owner of 23 crested polish chicks. I recently purchased 25 polish chicks from double r supply which was an online order. when they arrived to my home I opened up the box they were shipped in but had found one dead eventually dead during their transit. A few days later one grew weak and died this morning and the same thing is happening to another one as it's getting weaker and it's not interested in eating or drinking as it's just laying there as it's slowly dying. There isn't much for me to help save it from dying. If it dies at least I have to care and raise the rest of them as long as they stay healthy and strong

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] I have wanted polish and silkies for so long now!!!! We wanna see pics!

3. Polish Chickens

May 9, 2009
    Houston
    I will try to post pics if I can except for the dying one. And they're making quite a fuss and fighting for some unflavored cooked noodles that I've just given them as they think they're worms

4. ChickensInTheNorthWoods

ChickensInTheNorthWoods Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    North East CT
    Sorry that they you have some that didn't make it - I think you will really enjoy the breed. I have 2 hens (Shiloh and Edwina) which are the queens of the homestead! They are my kids pets (polish are friends not food - as my son says!)[​IMG]

5. Polish Chickens

May 9, 2009
    Houston
    It's quite sad that 2 of them didn't make it and the other one that is struggling to survive I assume is also not going to make it. But on the other hand I'm also thinking of names to give to the ones that are keeping strong and healthy for the least.

6. love4mychick

love4mychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    so sorry to hear that [​IMG]

7. Polish Chickens

May 9, 2009
    Houston
    Ifs there possibly a way to save the one that is near dying? I can't help but to try to save it from death

8. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    You really need to get chick starter for the chicks as they cannot survive on ramen noodles alone. You will continue to lose them without proper nutrition, they need it ASAP. I am assuming they haven't had chick starter ever??

9. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Polish mortality rates are usually pretty high-they aren't a strong breed at all. In fact, they are really very weak as chicks. Did you put a little sugar in their water? Gives them a boost, at least it did with my crested youngsters. And yes! Get pics ASAP! [​IMG]

Edited To Add: Yeah, I'd stop with the noodles and just give them chick starter. That's what they need. Chick starter and water for a few weeks. Noodles won't do much for them.

Last edited: May 11, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by