Packaging hatching eggs well !

B. Saffles Farms :

Ive learned that bubble wrap is your friend, when packing eggs.

This is true!!! Individually wrapped in bubble wrap(the big bubble kind) works great. Packed in box so that they dont move but not too tight. = No broke eggs. I have shipped this way with great results.
big_smile.png

Quote:
This is true!!! Individually wrapped in bubble wrap(the big bubble kind) works great. Packed in box so that they dont move but not too tight. = No broke eggs. I have shipped this way with great results.
big_smile.png

Yup. I wrap mine individually in bubble wrap, and then pack them in the box. I use lots and lots of shredded paper and make sure that there is no way the eggs can move. I also make sure that the eggs are not touching the sides of the box. I also stuff alot of shredded paper down into the corners of the boxes.

Last edited:
It might take more time, but I wrap each egg in bubble wrap, then nest them in a lg sheet of bubble wrap, with padding on the bottom sides and top, the side padding need to be solid enough that the eggs can't migrate to the side of the box, but you can have perfect packaging and the PO will still break those eggs.

Quote:
Lisa's "burrito style" of individually wrapping eggs is exactly how I do mine. I love it. It makes well-protected, very neat packages of the eggs that i can then stand on end next to each other between two pieces of something (in most cases, tops and/or bottoms of egg cartons). They stay pointy-end down, they don't migrate to the sides or tops of the box, they are snug enough not to jiggle, and I avoid any pressure points on the eggs. Awesome.
wink.png
I am completely and utterly addicted to bubble wrap. Nothing makes me happier than bringing home a fresh 200 ft. roll of the stuff!
thumbsup.gif

I sent some eggs to Fudgie and not one was broken when she got them. I wrapped each one in a tissue first, the small bubble wrap, then I placed them side by side in the bigger bubble wrap, wrapped it like a tube and stuck it is a priority tube. Worked great. It was my first time shipping eggs.

Random Ramblings ? Is that a section to put a thread about the proper packing of hatching eggs ?

Who moved this thread and could you tell us why ?

This is a great thread..... Not Random at all. Im getting ready to ship my first eggs and it has been most informative!
I was wondering about the shipping tube idea.
I was thinking that would be very sturdy and to pack it full of wrapped eggs and paper cushion in the middle.

The downside might be that the tube gets rolled around and swung alot and that shipping tubes may be more expensive/harder to find around the house than boxes and that maybe tubes dont let in enought air..(does that matter with freshly laid eggs?)

The plus side would be that if you could pack them in a way to not get scrambeled, that the tubes are alot stronger than a box you had leftover from something...

Also, when someone gives you a zip code...how do you decide what to charge for shipping? If you have to get bubble wrap and pack really well and ship in a box.

Do you overnight eggs? Or are they fine to get there in the 1-5 days?

Thanks soooo much!
clap.gif

Most people send priority mail. Takes 2 to 3 days usually. I believe there is a standard priorty mail box that you can get at the post office that is a standard $10.00 but not sure about that.

If you except pay pal you can ship through them but IM not sure how they go about that. I think they email you a shipping label that covers postage for priority mail. I have had a few people send my eggs to me that way.

I guess you would need to ask pay pal how that works.

Your right this does not belong in random ramblings but no one seems to want to move it back where it was.

Back
Top Bottom