Paging JoeBryant. JoeBryant to the HELP desk, please!

Miss Prissy,
You be careful and don't end up poisoning yourself. Keep a clear path to the out house.
lau.gif

MissPrissy - You are an amazing person. Just when I think there can be no more cool and interesting things from you and here is another one.

You should write a book of all your adventures.

Whew - I was all ready to try it until I read this:

In the 1970’s we were using Lactated Ringer’s solution as a vehicle for intravenous nutrients. Repeatedly, we had individuals who would become panic stricken very shortly after the IV was started. This bizarre phenomenon was finally explained when I saw an article in an obscure medical journal that demonstrated that lactic acid could precipitate a panic attack in individuals who had this vulnerability. We have never used Lactated Ringer’s solution since then. From this experience we learned to make up homeopathic dilutions of lactic acid that can alleviate patient’s panic attacks until the underlying cause can be identified and treated. Since Kombucha tea contains lactic acid, anyone who is prone to panic attacks would be wise to place a few drops of the tea under their tongue and wait a few minutes before trying a larger amount.

I am one such strange individual who reacts poorly lactic acid. Anyone who has the problem, almost certainly knows about it.

Not being a downer on your tea, Miss Prissy, I am a huge tea drinker. I'm just prone to panic attacks and have had a VERY bad experience from Lactated Ringer's solution, LOL.

Enjoy the tea. Let us know how it works for you.

I'm sticking with my Earl Grey.
big_smile.png

Em​

Never mind this warning...."Significantly, the home-brewed variety has been linked with several health issues in people, ranging from bacterial infections to liver damage and to death."....

Because another benefit is....it relieves gas.

me,
g

Komnucha Tea is not for everyone.

There is alot of false information out there about it too.

Alot of people can't drink pasturized milk because of the lactic acid too.

Don't make a bad thing out of my thread.

I haven't asked anyone to drink.

I wanted to show off my SCOBY to Joe who started it all in my house.

If you look in your local grocery store in the refrigerated section where organic milk and other items are kept you will find bottle upon bottle of raw organic kombucha on the shelf in many flavors and made from several varieties of tea.

It is a living food and certainly won't kill you.

It might make you a little tipsy as it is fermented and produces ethol alcohol if you over indulge.

You are only intended to drink a small portion 1/2 a cup or so not swill a bottle like you are on corner with a brown bag and a pint on a cold winters night sleeping in your cardboard box.

1 tbsp to 1/2 cup to keep the plumbing going is moderation.

MissPrissy - I hope I did not offend you and certainly did not want to make a bad thing out of your thread. It is just amazing to me. You are like a modern day version of my Grandmother who has been dead for almost 12 years now.

Make it yourself, reuse, and home made remedies are the way to go. But I am not going to start that discussion on your thread.

I just wanted to commend you for your forward thinking and desire to do it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom