1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

paint color inside coop walls - chicken preference??

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by gingerpeach22, May 11, 2010.

1. Dora'smom

Dora'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Oregon
    We happened into an "oops" gallon of porch paint at Home Depot. Fifties era turquoise, and it works for us. I will tell you that when they splash some of those cecal poos on the walls it really shows up, though. Interesting topic, I have wondered if using anything in the pink/red range would be a problem or not. Not considering that for the new coop, just curious. Will probably look for another gallon of oops for the new coop.

2. AccioSarah

AccioSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    This is a picture of the inside of my coop...
    I think it's a little more exciting for everyone. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

((That waterer has been moved))

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  3. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    "This year, turquoise is THE must-have color in the coop. Artistically-inclined chickens will accent it with shell pink and ivory accents -- large geometric figures are hot, now -- while more traditional hens complement it with navy blue and pearl grey. White and black are totally Last Year, don't expect the rooster to look at you twice if you've still got those dowdy old colors hanging around. The avante-garde may choose to experiment with pale yellow and electric green, two surprising colors seen in some of the most cutting-edge henhouses this year."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I honestly do not think it matters [​IMG]

Pat

4 people like this.
  4. pokeytolman

pokeytolman Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2010
    Milwaukie, Or
    [​IMG]

5. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    chickencrazed, I would love to see a pic of a wallpapered coop!!!
    [​IMG]

6. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Quote:It better be that scrubbable kind, though...

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Oh. My. [​IMG]

8. lauriruth

lauriruth Chillin' With My Peeps

Too Good, Pat! Maybe Martha Stewart needs a section on Coop Design in her mag....you's be perfect!!!!

9. organicchef

organicchef Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2007
    Central NC
    Really funny!!! I guess we DO paint our coops to suit ourselves, not our chicks..??!!!

10. Backyard_Chicken_rancher

Backyard_Chicken_rancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] I would have to agree with this it would be the easist way to find out which one "NOT" to buy for sure I would rather keep my girls safe by taking the time to do this then finding out when they are pecking it off the walls..

Stay away from carboard brown they peck the heck out it in the brooder [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by