paint color inside coop walls - chicken preference??

We happened into an "oops" gallon of porch paint at Home Depot. Fifties era turquoise, and it works for us. I will tell you that when they splash some of those cecal poos on the walls it really shows up, though. Interesting topic, I have wondered if using anything in the pink/red range would be a problem or not. Not considering that for the new coop, just curious. Will probably look for another gallon of oops for the new coop.

This is a picture of the inside of my coop...
I think it's a little more exciting for everyone.
smile.png

55040_248.jpg

((That waterer has been moved))

Last edited:
"This year, turquoise is THE must-have color in the coop. Artistically-inclined chickens will accent it with shell pink and ivory accents -- large geometric figures are hot, now -- while more traditional hens complement it with navy blue and pearl grey. White and black are totally Last Year, don't expect the rooster to look at you twice if you've still got those dowdy old colors hanging around. The avante-garde may choose to experiment with pale yellow and electric green, two surprising colors seen in some of the most cutting-edge henhouses this year."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I honestly do not think it matters
wink.png

Pat

Quote:
big_smile.png
I would have to agree with this it would be the easist way to find out which one "NOT" to buy for sure I would rather keep my girls safe by taking the time to do this then finding out when they are pecking it off the walls..

Stay away from carboard brown they peck the heck out it in the brooder
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom