Pallet Coop Hybrid

oarieder

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 24, 2010
Albany, NY
Hi all! I'm new and would love to share my pallet coop and run blog post with everyone. Hope this inspires others. Enjoy!

How I built a Pallet Coop Hybrid for around $1000:
Pallet Coop Hybrid

61408_img_3349_web.jpg

-A

I have been inspired.
ya.gif

Just to test the waters, with the help of my X-husband, I built a doggy foyer around the doggy door. 3 pallets are nailed together (and to concrete). The roof is slanted. Most (non-pallet) materials came from Restore, and still, the cost was nearly $25!!!!
ep.gif

My next project, to be performed solo, is a duck house. I am thinking octagonal - 8 pallets. Naturally, I want to keep the cost as close to zero as possible, but I still want this to be attractive with cute little windows and whatnot.

As projects go, I generally start full of optimism and energy, then wind down to cutting quality to finish the d@#%& thing.
rant.gif
Off I go!

Hello from NY
wink.png
Great job on the pallet coop. I'm amazed at how many pallets I see thrown away and always think to myself, what can I make out of them? I was blessed to have many standing buildings on our property that can be used for chickens and other live stock but the moment I need to build something new I'm so going to your plans first and adapting it to what I need!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom