1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Pallet Coop Hybrid

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by oarieder, Jun 24, 2010.

1. oarieder

oarieder Hatching

Jun 24, 2010
    Albany, NY
    Hi all! I'm new and would love to share my pallet coop and run blog post with everyone. Hope this inspires others. Enjoy!

How I built a Pallet Coop Hybrid for around $1000:
    Pallet Coop Hybrid

[​IMG]

-A

2. Neilette

Neilette Songster

Apr 18, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    That's gorgeous! I love it! I'm going to bookmark your coop for inspiration. [​IMG]

3. oarieder

oarieder Hatching

Jun 24, 2010
    Albany, NY
    Many thanks! For brevity I left out a lot of little detail. Any Q's just ask.

-A

4. Orchid

Orchid Songster

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Very nice coop!

5. Mark & Nique

Mark & Nique Chirping

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Wow! That is outstanding -- and a good way to recycle a pallet!

6. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    I have been inspired. [​IMG]

Just to test the waters, with the help of my X-husband, I built a doggy foyer around the doggy door. 3 pallets are nailed together (and to concrete). The roof is slanted. Most (non-pallet) materials came from Restore, and still, the cost was nearly $25!!!! [​IMG]

My next project, to be performed solo, is a duck house. I am thinking octagonal - 8 pallets. Naturally, I want to keep the cost as close to zero as possible, but I still want this to be attractive with cute little windows and whatnot.

As projects go, I generally start full of optimism and energy, then wind down to cutting quality to finish the [email protected]#%& thing. [​IMG] Off I go!

7. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    [​IMG]

8. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Songster

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Looks Good!!!

9. auto5man

auto5man Songster

Jul 27, 2011
    Memphis
    That is AWESOME, very nice looking coop.

10. juliaaa

juliaaa Chirping

Jul 15, 2011
    Syracuse, New York
    Hello from NY [​IMG] Great job on the pallet coop. I'm amazed at how many pallets I see thrown away and always think to myself, what can I make out of them? I was blessed to have many standing buildings on our property that can be used for chickens and other live stock but the moment I need to build something new I'm so going to your plans first and adapting it to what I need! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: