Pansy, grau fee, and Falb fee quail questions

Kale the Quail

Free Ranging
Aug 10, 2019
British Columbia
Does anyone know what breeds of quail you would breed to get a pansy, Grau fee, or Falb fee?
I have female tibetan, schoefield silver (it looks like a tuxedo except silver cape), Texas a&m, tuxedos.
The males are two rosettas, and one tuxedo.

For the various kind of fees, you need at least one specific parent bird in a fee-variation, to have the fee mutation in the blood line.

The fee gene is a dominant allel so, if you have a homozygotic fee roo, you can cross it with several normal hens and you should get in the F1 generation 100% fees, which are heterozygotic.
Crossing the F1 generation, you will get (statisticly) 25% non fees, 50% heterozygotic fees and 25% homozygotic fees.

As the fee gene is a seperate allel pair to the main color pattern gene, the pattern under the fee dilution is still in their own dominant, rezecive or intermediate inheritance ...

Falb Fee is mix of Pharaoh and fee
Pearl Fee is the the mix of Italian and fee
Grau Fee is mix of Tibetan/Rosetta and fee

Anyone one know the fee variation of pansy?

I think, I just found the Fee of Pansy.... not 100% sure, but lovley birds.
id-116901809_xltI2tcXiPxT8iu_600x600@2x.jpg

Left a female, right the male.

Yeah ... just read a bit more ... definately not Fees, the above, as the Fee gene eliminates red .... right.
Seems more the Dilute gene, ... just guessing.

But @Nabiki this is the normal pansy, as far as I know. I am still searching an example of Pansy Fee.

I will test it with my Pansies in Autumn 😇

Yeah ... just read a bit more ... definately not Fees, the above, as the Fee gene eliminates red .... right.
Seems more the Dilute gene, ... just guessing.

But @Nabiki this is the normal pansy, as far as I know. I am still searching an example of Pansy Fee.

I will test it with my Pansies in Autumn 😇
Normal pansy have more colour. This one is almost all black/grey, white with just a hint of colour.

Edit: It also hatched out of my order or pansy fee eggs. :)

Back
Top Bottom