Panting pekin???

Stephluv304

Chirping
Apr 5, 2018
West by God Virginia
So i took Quakers about 8 weeks old and the babies to the creek when we got back I put then in to there designated areas and let them chill well Quakers being the brat he is manage to throw a fit till I got him out we was Laying on the bed and he kept trying to climb on me (not unusual) when I finally let him I noticed he was panting pretty bad it wasn't hot in the room and he had time to chill from the walk home so I'm not sure what caused it we gave him ice water an shortly after it slowed down then it started again an now it's like two hours later he is still panting don't mind the background in the pics just trying to show what he is doing

So i took Quakers about 8 weeks old and the babies to the creek when we got back I put then in to there designated areas and let them chill well Quakers being the brat he is manage to throw a fit till I got him out we was Laying on the bed and he kept trying to climb on me (not unusual) when I finally let him I noticed he was panting pretty bad it wasn't hot in the room and he had time to chill from the walk home so I'm not sure what caused it we gave him ice water an shortly after it slowed down then it started again an now it's like two hours later he is still panting don't mind the background in the pics just trying to show what he is doing
Daffy randomly pants
I water next to him and sometimes put him in a luke warm bath
I have electrolytes and vitamins and their water as well
As long as the temps are stable it shouldn't happen forever
Good luck with the babies

He seems to b better this morning last night was a rough night with his tantrums but I just ignored him an I have had him out having mommy ducky time all morning an haven't had a issue yet today we will see what happens after our creek trip

Is your creek water really cold? they all maybe too young to take that cold water they really should be feathered in real good first down just doesn't help the regulate their body temp. Right now they should only be swimming in nice warm water

Maybe more of a stress issues with Quakers with the new lil ones in the house.

@Miss Lydia It is cold where the current is but the spot we go the water stands still if that makes sense so it's not to bad nice enough I put my feet in or get in to chase the babies back home but Quakers don't get in it he has also been being more aggressive towards me like if I stop petting him or don't let him stand on me so idk if he is growing up an hit his "teen" years an the panting an the aggressivenes has something to do with that or not. Sorry about my million questions he is my first water fowl and I swear I'm more attached to him than any animal I have ever had

Back
Top Bottom