parakeet pee went from red to green??

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
hi, so my parakeet has some red in her pee but I did not know if it was from a broken wing or not so I put more paper in there and kept an eye on it. she is under a year old and is not use to me yet:oops: today i was cleaning her cage and her pee went from green to pink!! what does this mean??:idunno she has not had anything to change the color of it so It must be something other then what she has eaten. could it be stress?

Parakeets don't pee their poop and pee is all in one. If it's pooping red or green then check this out...

"Chlamydiosis, or Parrot Fever, a common cause of liver disease, may produce lime green droppings in some birds. Both the stool and urate components may be green with this condition. Some birds with heavy metal (often lead) poisoning produce red or black droppings from the presence of blood in the urine or stool"

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/birds-abnormal-droppings

I didn't know that they urinate and poop at the same time but my birds poop and urination is always in two different spots there never together? She is in a motel cage could that be it

Back
Top Bottom