Parents- curious about your oppinons

Quote:
The thing about me is that like if I take lets say my dog with me out in public i am fine and dandy, the focus is on my dog with pepole and not me and that makes things a lot easier on me and i can actually speak up and have a conversation with people...but if it's just me...i shake and studder and just make a fool of myself to be honest ha ha! My SA has gotten a lot better from when I was younger, but it still physically effects me, I used to let it get me really depressed but i've become really positive about it and my animals really do help and are sort of a therapy. WIsh I could take my dog everywhere iwth me haha! But anyhow with that said, even though someone may think this is wrong, having a child, the focus would be on the baby/child not me, and I would be able to deal with that and do things with my child more so than by myself if that makes sense. I don't believe in sheltering my child like my mom sheltered me, I want my child to make friends and play, so you can bet there will be many play dates with family and friends, and even gatherings we've noticed at the malls.
smile.png
I am deffinatly interested in Pre-schooling as well.
smile.png

Start planning for a child after you have finished school and have a job that you enjoy. No matter what income you make, you can be a wonderful parent. I know a lot of high income couples that could not tell you what type of music their kid/kids listen to, where they are at a specific time, who their friends are or what their favorite food is! It seems all they want is for the kids to be out of their hair!!!
Love your kids! Let them know every day! Do not spoil them too much! (they will become ungrateful with time and only expect more), spend time with them getting to know how they feel about simple things like, foods, friends (yours and theirs)"this will suprise you", government, animals, guns, God, money, school , etc......... You need to know as much as possible about your childs feelings, likes and dislikes and friends(these have huge influences on your child). Give them responsibilities according to their age and see how they do with them. I could go on and on but, you get the point!

Quote:
You don't know how much better that makes me feel. I'm 30, been with DH for 10 years, we own a nice house, make a decent living (of course we'll always want more, right?) and I'm almost 7 months pregnant. I still don't feel like I'm "ready", but I am WILLING. So, that, along with a great marriage, is what I think will be the key to raising a child.

Back
Top Bottom