Parrotlett

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Parrots, Canaries, Finches etc.' started by swimmom, Jun 19, 2009.

1. swimmom

swimmom Songster

Apr 7, 2009
    Carolinas
    Anyone else out there have a parrotlett? I have a 2 year old maniac named Picasso (DS named the bird before we found out she was a girl! [​IMG]

We were hoping she would talk, but she never has. She does however let us know that dawn is breaking (who needs a rooster!) and when she wants more treats.

2. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    You do know that we must have pics don't you?

3. scrambledmess

scrambledmess Songster

Sep 26, 2008
    NW Ohio
    My mother has one. She doesn't talk either. Though she did lay an egg once.

I have two budgies named Sunshine and Zoey.

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks Songster

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I have a budgie, but a parrotlet I WANT! I've done a lot of reading up on them and I know that they can be little piss ants, but in spite of that, I WANT!!!

There was a lady that came to our office once with one that rode on her shoulder. She'd get in and out of her car and do her shopping or whatever she needed to do and that bird was always with her. I've been in love ever since and should I ever lose my Joey bird (hopefully not cause I loves him too much) a parrotlet will be what I get.

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I have eight of them. An albino, a yellow dilute, a green fallow, a blue pied, a turquoise, a blue and a white one with black eyes. Wait that is seven. I forgot I sold the blue male.

6. clickie

clickie Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Ocean State
    lol I wanted to get a parrotlett, but they can be nasty if they weren't held alot when they were babies. lol I have enough birds too lol.

7. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    I had a parrotlet name Nathan. He was a doll. He died during Texasdus... when we were stuck on the road for 48 hours escaping Hurricane Rita. He was a great bird though. I have been wanting to get another one.

8. clickie

clickie Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Ocean State
    sorry to hear about poor Nathan. I hope that you find another one that is just as sweet.

9. swimmom

swimmom Songster

Apr 7, 2009
    Carolinas
    Okay, here's a picture of Picasso. She never stays still, so it's out of focus a little. Squint and the picture looks better [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. CaGoatLady

CaGoatLady Songster

Feb 10, 2009
    Auburn, CA
    I've got cockatiels and a Senegal parrot, but I thought only the boys talked. Your bird is beautiful; I've always wanted one of those.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: