Part timer...pet sitting and dog walking.

Quote:
Quote:
English read the above quote, and think about it. I never said you would be untrustworth I have read it nad cant find those words.
I would trust you with my life there is no one I would want to pull me out of bad situation

HOWEVER I can only trust you if I can rely on you being there, and if your only there when YOU want to be and I have to hire/be a client around your schedule(your words not mine) then why not be a client to the RELIABLE and bonded(trustworthy) company down the street?

Quote:
Why would you want only dumb comments?? we could play this twisting words all day, wouldnt that be fun, I think I could, if you would let me know so there you go. Wait rhyming answers is reserved for chat sorry about that.

Besides I have to be able to make my own hours. I have my own business to run and shows every month. I have to be able to do this around MY schedule, not someone else's.

Ok apparently I have to clearify.

Lets say someone wants me to walk their dog for 30 minutes everyday, between the hours of 11am and 2 pm.

I would have to work that around MY schedule, like I said. Or I guess I could have said it better by saying I would work my schedule around that.

So I would sit down a figure out what I needed to in a day.

Like:
7am-10am Pick, Pack and Ship out orders
10am-11am Brunch (I don't eat breakfast or lunch I just eat once around this time and then again at about 5 or 6)
11am-11:30am Walk the dog
11:30-whenever Make soap, making 200 takes at least 4 hours.

See I wasn't saying that I would blow someone off, I never said that. And this statment:
I have to be able to do this around MY schedule, not someone else's.

was refering to my not wanting to work part time at say Walmart or something because I do own a business and I have to be able to work my schedule the way I need to, not the way a teenaged Walmart manager wants to work it.

Sorry that I didn't type it out the way I meant it, I see now how you misunderstood what I was saying.

But thank you for pointing out that someone would want to go with a bonded and insured person rather than me. That's what I also wanted to find out.

So the thread is over, I'm NOT going to go for the dog walking thing.​

Quote:
wait dont end the thread yet, I still have things to say

Quote:
with that many people out there needing someone to watch/care for livestock why turn it into a part time business, just get your name out there as someone that can sometimes step in. I went to Ct last couple of weekends and there was no Service to call to let chicks in out make sure they had water etc.. I got a friend to do it, the neighbour found out about it and Hired/paid same person (not sure whether she was a client or employed by the neighbour, but that can be discussed in another thread) to come 2 x a day throw down bale of hay, put in food and ensure trough is full of water/ deicer working. They were out of town a week, and gave this person $100 for stopping on way past 2x a day probably 15/20 minutes at a time. get your name out there as available to do this at times. Then If I want to go out of town and my neighbour says well Trisha watched mine here is her #, this way you have chance to make extra$$ but if I call and you have something going you say "sorry, but thanks for asking", and I put your # in my phone book and maybe next time you get the call and not busy so you get extra $$ and I get to go out of town.

Quote:
In the words of John Bulushi in Animal House:

"Over? Nothings over till we say its over...Was it over when the GERMANS bombed Pearl Harbour???"

Hi

I am sorry if all this has already said......

Around here people charge around $15-$16 for a half hour dog walk from a pet sitter...and the fees go up from there.

The reason they charge that much is that they have to cover a multitude of costs...the most expensive being insurance.

Now while people around here do pet sitting with no insurance, i think they are crazy. If a clients dog is bitten by another dog, hit by a car, or just gets sick on your watch..YOU are going to be responsible for all the vet bills. And these can come to thousands of dollars. People are paying...and so they expect that you will cover the bills when acidents happen (and they do happen).

My strong advice is look into this as being a professional job, not just something you do on the side. Clients want someone who is reliable (i.e. be there when they are needed, not just when the fad takes them), responsible (i.e. have insurance) and professional (i.e. do it as a job, not for some extra cash on the side).

I really enourange people to get involved in the pet business....but please do the research and do it properly, or you will end up very unsatisfied, clients will be hard to come by and in the end, you will end up more out-of-pocket than you realise.

Quote:
In the words of John Bulushi in Animal House:

"Over? Nothings over till we say its over...Was it over when the GERMANS bombed Pearl Harbour???"

Well I do always like to have the last word, so quit posting already!

This is what I don't get. You ask for advice, & then get upset when people offer you sound business advice. I made a lot of money over the years trying different things. You should be thankful for all the FREE advice you get here. Consultants cost a fortune in the real world.

And by the way, why do you need a part time job anyway. I remember you posting this a couple months back....

Southern28 chick wrote: I had my very first craft show this weekend in Fayetteville. Thanks to my wonderful customers I WILL NOT have to get a part time job. I can for sure make a living now with my business. I made enough money to where I don't have to worry about anything. I'm planning on doing 1 show a month and that would make up for me not working a "real" job.

You need to lighten up & take take the postive & negative comments here as a learning experience to make you a better business woman. And if it doesn't work out, so be it. Or try something else.​

Back
Top Bottom