Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Yesterday my shipment form Dick Horstman was delivered. I have a combination of Partridge Rocks, Silver Penciled Rocks and Heritage RIRs.

They were packed in foam inserts. 27 were shipped with 4 broken so I have 23 nice looking eggs!

fl.gif
I hope they hatch!

Is it Christmas already?
wink.png

Is it Christmas already?
wink.png
It was a surprise. This is a replacement for a shipment that came very damaged last year. I contacted Dick a couple of months ago and reminded him about needing a replacement and it showed up without warning yesterday.

I am now at capacity--all three of my incubators are full except for the Brinsea that has room for 4 more.

It if very exciting!

Hi All, this mama-red as we call her. I was told she is a partridge rock and figured who better to tell for sure than the people who love them! she is super sweet, i have had her for almost a month now, but she is approx 2 years old. she gives me about 4-5 lightly tinted brown eggs a week. what do you all think, is she tru PR or is she just a good lookin farm chicken?

Hi All, this mama-red as we call her. I was told she is a partridge rock and figured who better to tell for sure than the people who love them! she is super sweet, i have had her for almost a month now, but she is approx 2 years old. she gives me about 4-5 lightly tinted brown eggs a week. what do you all think, is she tru PR or is she just a good lookin farm chicken?
She does look like a Partridge Rock!

The legs should be yellow but age might have something to do with the color.

I have hatchery partridges and their legs are like Cockel-Dood's birds. They were my best broody breed last year, wish I would have had good eggs to put under them.

TomTom's Mom, I read this thread some time ago and have been wanting to get some Partridge Rock chicks all spring. I've been calling our Tractor Supply every week and finally got some chicks at our local TS. I was a little worried about the feathers since they look loose and stick out instead of laying smooth on their bodies. One of your pictures looks like mine. Is this normal feathering? Do the feathers lay down smoother when it gets older

3 wks

1 month old

[quoted from Cockle-Dood]

She's beautiful!

Last edited:
TomTom's Mom, I read this thread some time ago and have been wanting to get some Partridge Rock chicks all spring. I've been calling our Tractor Supply every week and finally got some chicks at our local TS. I was a little worried about the feathers since they look loose and stick out instead of laying smooth on their bodies. One of your pictures looks like mine. Is this normal feathering? Do the feathers lay down smoother when it gets older

3 wks

1 month old
Yes, they are going through the Dinosaur stage. Those feathers will molt out and they will look a bunch better in 3 or 4 weeks.

love.gif
They look very nice!

Yes, they are going through the Dinosaur stage. Those feathers will molt out and they will look a bunch better in 3 or 4 weeks.

love.gif
They look very nice!

Yeah mine looked like that too. They look really rough now (around 10 weeks), but I can see the shiny smooth feathers coming it
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom