Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
I have got two birds that are 8-9 weeks old. They've been a mystery to me, but some have said they look like partridge rocks. I got them from Tractor Supply, and they were simply marked as 'sex-links'
lol.png

Any thoughts?

Bird 1:

Bird 2:

I have got two birds that are 8-9 weeks old. They've been a mystery to me, but some have said they look like partridge rocks. I got them from Tractor Supply, and they were simply marked as 'sex-links'
lol.png

Any thoughts?

Bird 1:

Bird 2:

thumbsup.gif
Definitely not Sexlinks! They are very nice Partridge Rocks!

thumbsup.gif
Definitely not Sexlinks! They are very nice Partridge Rocks!

Haha! The mystery is solved.

I am quite happy with them, they're marvelous birds. It's funny, I have two white rocks as well, and they are different in their ways. I am certain the white rocks were more inbred, they grew extremely fast.. then again, they ARE tractor supply birds, they can very well be some meat cross.

They seem much better at foraging, compared to my other birds. Little more skittish. They actually fly fairly well, but that may simply be because they're a little smaller than my other birds, they're flying less now they're getting bigger (and figuring the chicken ladder out).

I am leaning toward ladies, do you agree in that guess? The second one does have a 'sharp' chest, but that's not enough to make it a fellah.

lol.png

Any thoughts?

Bird 1:

Bird 2:

These are definitely Partridge Rocks. I got 2 of them from tractor supply as well and one was a hen and the other turned out to be rooster. I wasn't sure what breed I had either but after posting on here and then doing tons of research I found out they were Partridge Rocks. My roo is very sweet but the female is very flighty and hard to catch. I read that they are excellent egg layers so my fingers are crossed. They really are beautiful birds. They look exactly like mine!

These are definitely Partridge Rocks. I got 2 of them from tractor supply as well and one was a hen and the other turned out to be rooster. I wasn't sure what breed I had either but after posting on here and then doing tons of research I found out they were Partridge Rocks. My roo is very sweet but the female is very flighty and hard to catch. I read that they are excellent egg layers so my fingers are crossed. They really are beautiful birds. They look exactly like mine!
The Pullets calm down when they start laying. The Cockerel may get a bit more aggressive but they often calm down after the teenage hormones even out.....

Yesterday my shipment form Dick Horstman was delivered. I have a combination of Partridge Rocks, Silver Penciled Rocks and Heritage RIRs.

They were packed in foam inserts. 27 were shipped with 4 broken so I have 23 nice looking eggs!

fl.gif
I hope they hatch!

Back
Top Bottom