Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Does anyone here have non hatchery partridge eggs for sale?

Mine will be laying by spring. They are horstman Lines. He shipped me chicks in the spring.

WHO was it that had a Plymouth Rock Breeder list? I think it was someone I have not seen on BYC in a bit.

Mine will be laying by spring. They are horstman Lines. He shipped me chicks in the spring.

WHO was it that had a Plymouth Rock Breeder list? I think it was someone I have not seen on BYC in a bit.

It was probably Bob. He passed on a month or so ago. he was the secretary for the club.

Mine will be laying by spring.  They are horstman Lines.  He shipped me chicks in the spring. 

WHO was it that had a Plymouth Rock Breeder list?  I think it was someone I have not seen on BYC in a bit.

It was probably Bob.  He passed on a month or so ago. he was the secretary for the club.

no it was not Bob it was a list on BYC.....I will look it up later. I may make it.

I am new to this thread. I have a PR rooster and two PR hens at 15 weeks old. They appear to be classic looking. The hens are very inquisitive and will approach me up to two feet, but do not want to be held. The rooster hasn't crowed yet, but is starting to "feel his oats". He is flirting with the girls. I want to breed the PRs. They are lovely.

At this point the PRs are mixed with a pair of barred rock hens and a pair of light brahma hens. It is a very congenial flock. If this rooster is a keeper, I look forward to getting PR-BR crosses and crosses with the brahmas. But I want to keep a PR line. Will take photos when more mature.

DufferChick, I'll be waiting for your pictures. I have a few partridges left from a hatchery order, that makes them 5 years old this year. 1 is still laying in this cold snap we are having with no added light. Mine are some of my better broodies and have raised their chicks well. They aren't lap birds but they are calm and so beautiful to look at, I love partridge on anything.

Thanks OR4-mom. I am looking forward to raising my partridge rocks. This is my first flock. I have lots to learn and discover.

I have one young brahma (7 mos old) that lays an egg every other day. I am not using supplemental light. Want to see how much she continues to lay during winter. I selected cold-hearty birds intentionally. :)

Thanks OR4-mom. I am looking forward to raising my partridge rocks. This is my first flock. I have lots to learn and discover.

I have one young brahma (7 mos old) that lays an egg every other day. I am not using supplemental light. Want to see how much she continues to lay during winter. I selected cold-hearty birds intentionally. :)
Sounds like a better plan than mine. When we order our second flock of birds I looked at broodiness, not the best trait in a layer flock. The rocks and Brahmas are pets more than anything else so oh well.

Back
Top Bottom