Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Velevet that is Not a Partridge rock. I am guessing just a mix for to have black sking it has to be from one of the black skin breeds.

Gallus I count 7 points some would say six not counting back part of comb. My PR hens have real nice combs. Some are 6 points but many are 5 and clean.

I just lost my good rooster this week to a fox. So now I am down to Beta who is true hatchery stock. Luckily I have 15 eggs from Alpha in bator and I think the 2 chicks out in coop are roos too. I have everyone under lock and key for a few days. Hubby mowed since we got our mower back from shop and I will have neibor over to finish it. That activity should scare that fox off like it did last year. Other wise I am looking into flexible goat fencing to put around coop till I get goats in. Kencove has some real nice fencing with close together strands at the bottom to prvent foxes and rodents from getting in.

Placed an order with sandhill preservation early this year, and got my first PR's - thought they sounded interesting. They are the friendliest chicks I have, especially the little pullet, she will sit on my knee and chirp at me. Can't wait to see how they look when grown, although the boys are destined for the freezer (wish I had ended up with more pullets)

83951_pr_chicks_crop.jpg

Sorry this is the wrong picture, these are my sussex babies (head slap)

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry about your roo...

I failed to mention that the only thing that's not black on her is her skin, it's white, maybe yellow.

Do you have any suggestions on what she might be? I suppose the hatcheries could have been experimenting? I apologize, I'm very new to chickens!

This is Poop Face, whom I believe is a Partridge. She is always at Happy Feet's side. She is a total brat, other than she takes care of HF like she is her own baby.
81842_100_3629.jpg

81842_100_3542.jpg

81842_100_3653.jpg

Quote:
You mean you lost Alpha? So sorry. I'm sad... It's really cool that oyu have his eggs in that bator - it's ben a heck of a year for predators for everyone.

Quote:
Hey there, did you possibly post the wrong picture? Those are some fine looking Speckled Sussex... They are very friendly and sweet, I'm sure you'll like them, but they aren't Partridge Rocks...

Quote:
Wow sorry wrong picture! Had another but can't find it now, posted this one on another site and must not have cleared it. The sussex are very friendly too, but there are PR's behind them, took this shot just after returning a little PR roo after an escape attempt and the sussex were all agog.

Back
Top Bottom