Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
The partridge rock is on my research list for next year. Anyone willing to post a breed review detailing tempermant/egg production/etc? There aren't any right now. Is it pretty much a typical plymouth rock in a pretty brown package?

Last edited:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/partridge-plymouth-rock heres some reviews and at the bottom of the page is what your looking for
Thank you! I think I made the mistake of searching for "partidge rock" so no reviews came up in the search. More reviews would be great - make it an even 10!
wink.png

Well, as of now I have 35 chicks hatched. Still more to go. Plus we have our first broody finally. She is sitting on 6 to 8 eggs I think. Been too busy to check. Chick coop is done and first 25 our out there. It is going to be a rel good year here. BIL is moving down and in with us and he plans to build lot more coops for me. He is real eggscited about the chickens. He loves farm and we now have his tracor down here so soo everything will be happening real fast. :)

Well, as of now I have 35 chicks hatched. Still more to go. Plus we have our first broody finally. She is sitting on 6 to 8 eggs I think. Been too busy to check. Chick coop is done and first 25 our out there. It is going to be a rel good year here. BIL is moving down and in with us and he plans to build lot more coops for me. He is real eggscited about the chickens. He loves farm and we now have his tracor down here so soo everything will be happening real fast. :)
Gratz.. hope good fortune continues for yall !!

Here's one our babies, the lightest out of the bunch. She's supposed to be a pullet but you never know. I would be ok with a roo, and I'd separate my flock then. Here's a great shot of our 2-3 month old barred rock. I'm falling in love with this breed
love.gif

Sounds like a plan. There is a HUGE difference in quality, but you still run into some of the same issues. BUT you start with way better basics.

I ordered about 2 doz eggs and only got 2-3 chicks. So I ordered chicks.... not taking anymore chances. I have Silver Penciled and Partridge coming. I am breeding my own line of Partridge Rocks too... still in development, but Horstman will get a lot of credit since his birds started the whole thing. But they will be uniquely MINE. I am in my Second Generation and waiting for my first eggs so I can start hatching... VERY EXCITED!
Did you get your eggs (the ones where you only got 2 or 3 chicks) from Horstman? I am really, really, REALLY wanting partridge rocks, but don't want to be disappointed. I am thinking maybe chicks... I don't know. I just want partridge rocks and they are almost impossible to find... they're rarer than hen's teeth, if you'll pardon the pun.

I had no idea what mine were till I posted on hear. bought a pre started flock of two hens and a roo one of my hens is sitting on a cluch of 5 now

So excited for the babies :D my other two are sweet but my roo gets a little feisty ever oncet and a while lol XD

Had no idea how rare they were till I looked them up on google O.O 17 and finding out your chickens are a rare breed makes you not want too eat the eggs lol but can any of you tell me how well your chickens did with adding a new member in the flock? Got 7-8 week old Ameraicana Buff Orp mix and don't know how well they will do with her

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom