Partridge Rock Thread

Pics

Thanks just trying to understand what exactly the "partridge" coloring looks like
Appreciate the reply!

Here he is. He's about 4 and a half months old now.
My husband was going to kill him first thing tomorrow morning. We have too many roosters and one of our hens has been hiding out in the chicken house to get away from the young roosters. We put the word out and someone called tonight who wants to take him. A predator killed his rooster. He will also take another young RIR cross rooster we have. Things will be much more peaceful around here starting tomorrow!

Last edited:
My husband was going to kill him first thing tomorrow morning. We have too many roosters and one of our hens has been hiding out in the chicken house to get away from the young roosters. We put the word out and someone called tonight who wants to take him. A predator killed his rooster. He will also take another young RIR cross rooster we have. Things will be much more peaceful around here starting tomorrow!

That is great news!

I sent 5 HRIRs(See my Avatar) To an Egg farm to be breeders yesterday. They were not crowing yet but boy do the eat....

We have one of our cockerals crowing now. Also some of the pullets are just starting to lay. I finished the new coop painting yesterday but will not move new pullets till friday. Need to get more feed first since they will be on lock down. I have yet to take pics of the new ones but they are as big as my old ones and still growing. once we move the pullets we will be locking up cockerals for butchering that I am not keeping for breeding.

That is great news!

I sent 5 HRIRs(See my Avatar) To an Egg farm to be breeders yesterday. They were not crowing yet but boy do the eat....
He loved the PR boy but he didn't want to take the RIR cross. So far the RIR boy is behaving himself and isn't being a pest. That's good that you could find a good place for your HRIRs where they will be valued!

Back
Top Bottom