Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Harris the Partridge Rock is two weeks old today. She's still super fast, and the first one to come at wiggling fingers or a "chook chook chook!" She's also totally content to just hang out on my knee (or my head) for a while!

Harris the Partridge Rock is two weeks old today. She's still super fast, and the first one to come at wiggling fingers or a "chook chook chook!" She's also totally content to just hang out on my knee (or my head) for a while!

She is very cute!

I still love my Partridge Rock Sisters.

This is our late rooster, Jeb who we killed a few weeks ago. He was such a pretty boy and never was aggressive toward us at all. He was from TS but started getting too rough with the hens. We think he killed two of them. There were no marks on them from a predator. He would bloody some of the combs of certain hens repeatedly and pull out their feathers on their heads near their combs. We just had four chicks hatch out and hope we will get a purebred PR rooster out of the hatch. Has anyone else had trouble with overly rough PR roos?

This is our late rooster, Jeb who we killed a few weeks ago. He was such a pretty boy and never was aggressive toward us at all. He was from TS but started getting too rough with the hens. We think he killed two of them. There were no marks on them from a predator. He would bloody some of the combs of certain hens repeatedly and pull out their feathers on their heads near their combs. We just had four chicks hatch out and hope we will get a purebred PR rooster out of the hatch. Has anyone else had trouble with overly rough PR roos?

I had 4 from McMurray and they were all mean. The Hens I have now, their Sisters, are very nice.

Thanks, Ron. The TS in our area gets their chicks from Mount Healthy. Does anyone else with PRs from MT Healthy have mean roosters?

Last edited:
We got one male PR only, thru MyPetChicken which did their hatching at Meyer. He was aggressive with our hens, then really rough on my sister's bigger free-range flock after rehoming, and aggressive towards her family. He found another home after months of that and likely became stew.

Harris the PR at three weeks old (today!). She's just SO MUCH more interested in scratching around than in getting her picture taken. I can almost hear her saying, "Gosh, Mom, do we have to take pictures AGAIN?? Ughhh...."

Oh, super cute, I just love them when they are at that stage. Great pictures! I was wondering if you might be able to confirm if this cockerel is a Plymouth Rock. My son got him as a baby chick along with two silkies, who also turned out to be cockerels, needless to say we have to get rid of all of them.
sad.png
Anyway, all we know for sure is he is a Bantam of some sort. So, what do you think?

Here he is taken today, and one when we first got him. He is at about 7 weeks old, he came from TSC not sure how long he was there. I just would really like to be able to tell people what he is when I list him for free, so do you think that he is a Plymouth Rock? Anyone?

Last edited:
Oh, super cute, I just love them when they are at that stage. Great pictures! I was wondering if you might be able to confirm if this cockerel is a Plymouth Rock. My son got him as a baby chick along with two silkies, who also turned out to be cockerels, needless to say we have to get rid of all of them.
sad.png
Anyway, all we know for sure is he is a Bantam of some sort. So, what do you think?

Here he is taken today, and one when we first got him. He is at about 7 weeks old, he came from TSC not sure how long he was there. I just would really like to be able to tell people what he is when I list him for free, so do you think that he is a Plymouth Rock? Anyone?
Based on the feathers, I would say he is most likely a PR

Back
Top Bottom