Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Princess Penny the Partridge Rock
love.gif

I just set my first set of eggs from my Partridge Project pen... Can't wait to see what I get for chicks. HOPING for the chipmunk strip this generation. 3rd cross so I should see most if not all with some striping this time.

I will share when they hatch. My lips are SEALED till I see what I get. If I don't get what I expect you will not hear another thing LOL.

I just set my first set of eggs from my Partridge Project pen... Can't wait to see what I get for chicks. HOPING for the chipmunk strip this generation. 3rd cross so I should see most if not all with some striping this time.

I will share when they hatch. My lips are SEALED till I see what I get. If I don't get what I expect you will not hear another thing LOL.
fl.gif
Here is hoping!

Crossing fingers for you DmRippy. I just sold 5 our laying hens just to make room for this years hatchings. I have 30 in the house that need to go out. We are about to move December. hatched out pullets to the big coop but will keep roos locked up to process. i have them in our grow out pen.

My chicks arrived today from Murray hatchery and I ordered 3 PR females and 1 male, but wound up with an extra 'brown' one. It kind of resembles a PR, but then again kind of different. I'll try to get individual pic's tomorrow and show the difference.

I chose this breed because I read it was rare and Murray encourages people to take a rare breed and help it out. My plans include purchasing, or making, a small breeding coop so the PR's can stay together and I know the eggs are pure and will go from there. Where can I get information about their standard's? It'll be at least a year before I attempt to hatch eggs so I have time to learn all of this :)

This batch also included Buff Rocks, Light Brahma's, and one chick with a white dot on his head. I thought he was an extra Brahma at first until I realized he's black with a white spot on his head. The Brahma's are truly a dark to light gray with an almost cream color around the eyes/face. His face and around the eyes are solid black --- I think I found my exotic chick :D Problem: I have TWO extra chicks and still have NOT figured out which one is the other *sighs*

Is this little guy a Partridge?

He/she was very wiggly and I had a difficult time with it. This one looks just a tad lighter than the other ones and it's back markings are not as pronounced and did not know if other breeds chicks look similar?

Princess Penny the Partridge Rock
love.gif

SHE is gorgeous :)

Last edited:
My husband and I are SO excited to have one of these beauties join our family! We've got four chicks on the way to start our urban flock: Welsummer, Speckled Sussex, Easter Egger and PR. I think the Rock will be the only chick I can identify when we open the box.

Fingers crossed that they all make the trip, and I can post some fluffy pics next week!

My husband and I are SO excited to have one of these beauties join our family! We've got four chicks on the way to start our urban flock: Welsummer, Speckled Sussex, Easter Egger and PR. I think the Rock will be the only chick I can identify when we open the box.

Fingers crossed that they all make the trip, and I can post some fluffy pics next week!
smilies-3434.png

You will have some pretty eggs too!

Back
Top Bottom