Partridge Rock Thread

I am very happy to help. Partridge Penedesencas are very rare so it is understandable that they were hard to figure out. The leg color, shape, egg color, eye color and the comb will help with figuring this out. Yours does not have a good example of it, but look at the back to the comb--you will see a couple of sprigs there and that is the start of the kings comb that penedesencas have.

You can see better examples on my hens.
Your Penny hens are lovely. My question now is what Enya could be mixed with, as she has yellow legs rather than slate (I may be wrong, but that's how they appear in the photo
smile.png
), deep pumpkin-orange eyes, and much more pronounced lacing/penciling (I have been confused on that subject, too, since everyone has their own idea). Hmm....maybe an email to Meyer is in order. They have never made a mistake and sent us the wrong breed in the past, and we've ordered a LOT of chickens and ducks from their facility, so that's what made me wonder if it was possible for Barnevelders to have flawed genetics or a defect in appearance. She gave me an unusually dark egg today, so she's definitely in the dark layer family.

-Alex

Does anyone know what a partridge rock's egg is supposed to look like? Just got an egg today, before washing it was pinkish with white spots, after washing it was medium brown and very heavily speckled. It was either my Buff Orpington or my Partridge and I can't figure out!

Does anyone know what a partridge rock's egg is supposed to look like? Just got an egg today, before washing it was pinkish with white spots, after washing it was medium brown and very heavily speckled. It was either my Buff Orpington or my Partridge and I can't figure out!

Could be either ones egg. I had some rocks that laid eggs with spots but that is not a normal trait.

Can anyone confirm that my girls are PRs? I've always thought they were, but it would be nice to know for sure. They were mystery chicks. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom