Partridge Rock Thread

Quote:
Mt Healthy is where I got my straight run of 16 (ordered 15) partridge rocks. So far so good they're 10 weeks old now. I ordered straight run but I wonder if they were sexed and I was sent 50/50 'cause last time I checked it appeared that they are exactly 8 cockerals and 8 pullets.

Chris

Do you find that the males have more pronounced chipmunk stripes than the females and feather out faster? ... We have 2 with stripes, one without. Also the one without the stripes is smaller and is not feathering as fast as the other two (assumerd to be male)... These three are from the same parents.

Quote:
Mt Healthy is where I got my straight run of 16 (ordered 15) partridge rocks. So far so good they're 10 weeks old now. I ordered straight run but I wonder if they were sexed and I was sent 50/50 'cause last time I checked it appeared that they are exactly 8 cockerals and 8 pullets.

Chris

welcome-byc.gif
glad you picked partridge rocks!

Quote:
First thing I noticed was bigger / redder combs and the presumed males seemed to feather slower on their backs. Now they seem to be starting to show some of the adult coloring differences so I'm getting pretty sure on the sex at least on those that I can detect that coloring. All of which is good 'cause they're starting to get to a size that makes me a little hungry and six or seven of the males have a as yet unscheduled trip to freezer camp in their future. ;-)

Chris

Our first hatch was a bust. Broody moved to a new nest after they did not hatch. I am not all that surprised as we had egg issues with that nest. Broken ect. Good news the new nest has more eggs in it. Also second broody is still sitting good.
fl.gif
Hers are not due for another week or two.

Just wanted to say,..I got my PR chicks this morning! They sent me 28 of those pretty little chipmunk brown fluffy butts! All healthy,....
thumbsup.gif
to Mt. Healthy hatchery! I am so HAPPY that they got here in one piece,...after the last mishap with shipped chicks I was very worried!!!
woot.gif
I will post pics later,....
big_smile.png

We have had 3 chicks survive. I will see if I can post pics but they are up on the chickens blog. Hubby let me a incubator so we shall be having alot more soon.
D.gif

Pictures not on blog but first one is.

Mom with chick in coop. There is now another chick with this one that I put out in coop.

2275_113.jpg

Second pic is Beta the rooster I am about to give away with a few hens.

2275_116.jpg

Last one is Alpha my main rooster and father of chicks.

2275_021.jpg

Wow CC,..that Alpha is a good looking rooster!

Here is a quick pic of the babies,...I think they are really good looking. This is the first time I ordered from Mt. Healthy,..I am impressed.

10488_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom