Pat Parelli Fans

Quote:
At his tour we went to he used a lot of cuss words,called the horses rude names and didn't act very pro.

Parelli or Anderson?

Horse training is just another one of those things, you have to find what's right for you and your horses. There is more than one way to skin a cat
old.gif

You said it!

I have read a bit about parelli but I like John lyons more. He fits my style more.

My dad and I are both John Lyons fans. He was sooo awesome at the horse expo when we saw him. My dad waited so long just to get seats. The only downside to John Lyons is that his videos are sooo dang boring after awhile!
lol.png
Guess it just goes to show you have to be patient with horses LOL

I really used to like him. I went to see him, bought his programs. But it seems he really tries to push his stuff now and it kind of turned me away. I still think he is a good trainer. But not everyone can do it, and it's not for every horse.

I use my own trainer. He said he got rich teaching people how to do parelli because they would always do it the wrong way and screw up their horses. He uses some parelli ways, and some of his own. Mixing what works best.

I think most trainers are the same. They use the same material and try to sell their own 'brand'. Most of their basic ideas are the same. And I think you should use what works best for your horse.

Not one of them is perfect, and not every thing in them works for everyone.

He is still a very talented horseman. I think fame is getting to his head though.

Quote:
At his tour we went to he used a lot of cuss words,called the horses rude names and didn't act very pro.

Parelli or Anderson?

Horse training is just another one of those things, you have to find what's right for you and your horses. There is more than one way to skin a cat
old.gif

Anderson.

Quote:
You said every thing I was thinking! I would love to see him give more credit to the Dorrance brothers as he learned alot from them. They are what I would consider true horseman. I've seen alot of very spoiled dull horses who have been trained using his training style. That said I've seen some that where well behaved, but the owner/rider used alot of feel with the horse and didn't get stuck into a mechanical type of training that often seems to happen with the Parelli crowd. FEEL and timing is ultimatly the most important asset when you are training horses and not levels and games.

Back
Top Bottom