Paula Deen's chickens

I wonder if I could get her to come to my house and teach my how to fry chicken? I am told I am one of the best cooks ever and can cook almost anything but I can't fry chicken to save my life!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Nice I like your style

I don't like her food prefreences but that is just personal. I think anyone that can convince others to turn on the stove and cook for themselves is a good thing. She does get on my nerves though. I think she accentuates her accent so to speak.

I ate at the buffet at Harrahs in Mississippi last week that has her name on it. She's like the female version of Emeril but I gotta tell ya, is was dang good food. I gained 2 pounds that day.
sad.png

I just LOVE Paula!! I got a knife set that has her name on it and they are the best knives I have gotten for such a nice price! I like how she cooks too ... real ingredients and nothing too fancy. I agree with chickaddict on both Paula and Rachel!!

I did not know she had chickens though! That is funny .... since she does love to fry them! Hehe! But I don't think her making the statement about not being able to eat them as being an open door for people to not raise their own meat chickens. I never wanted to raise meaties either ... but was pondering it this year. I think most people would look into that branch of chicken ownership once they have their feet wet with a flock already. And she was just being honest about it too.

Go Paula!

I watched her cooking show a couple of years ago that was a Christmas special. She was making this Egg Nog that looked soooo good but there was so much booze in it that I would have had one drink and been on the floor LOL! Can you tell I'm a cheap date? She was having a ball with it though! This is the recipe but I know on the show she added more than that!!
gig.gif

Ingredients:

* 6 egg, separated*
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 pint heavy cream
* 4 pints milk
* 1/2 pint Bourbon
* 1 tablespoon vanilla
* Nutmeg
In a bowl beat the egg yolks with the 1/2 cup of sugar until thick. In another bowl beat the egg whites with 1/4 cup of sugar until thick. In a third bowl beat the cream until thick. Add the cream to the yolks, fold in the egg whites, and add the milk, Bourbon, vanilla, and a pinch of nutmeg, if desired. Chill in freezer before serving.

Serve eggnog in a large punch bowl.

Back
Top Bottom