Paypal question

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by needmorechickens!, Oct 9, 2008.

1. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    I have seen some people on auctions say that they only accept "Non-Fee to collect PayPal". Does anyone know what that is? [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Dont know what that means.

3. Animal123Animal

Animal123Animal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Lake Mathews Calif.
    I think that You can only pay them with a back account not with a credit card as PayPal charges a few dollars to the sell when you use one but no few the other way. Dennis

4. thegoogers

thegoogers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    A lot of times people will ONLY accept "funded" paypal. Meaning you have the money already in your PayPal account. If you use a credit card it charges them approx. 3%. So they loose money. However! If you still need to use paypal. Offer to pay the fees. Usually people will agree. You can go to ppcalc.com and get an accurate amount of how much to send so they still get the amount they requested after fees [​IMG]

HTH
    ~Natasha

5. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

I deal with pay-pal quite often and have never heard of this either [​IMG]

6. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I've dealt with paypal quite a bit too and I haven't heard that phrase. However I do know about the fees charge to accept credit card transactions. Its a lot of money when you're accepting payment for goats so I've had to list it on my website that way.

7. 4kidZ

4kidZ Fluffy Butt Farmer

Quote:Natasha is RIGHT on the nose [​IMG]
    ~4kidZ

8. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Ok - thanks so much for the help!
    ~Rebecca

9. qhluvr34

qhluvr34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Brazil, Indiana
    You don't have to have the money already in your paypal account. As long as you use your savings/checking account paypal doesn't charge a fee, they charge a fee if you use a charge card. I know by experience. I now post in my ads I will not take charge cards.

10. thegoogers

thegoogers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    Quote:Right. However, some people don't want or can't wait until payment clears. So you may want to notify them it will be an "eCheck". For instance if they need to ship eggs asap etc. I would just let them know [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by