Peababies hatching I am a grandmother!

Aww, Dixygirl, I am so sorry. The Good Lord took my peachick too. Maybe they are up in Heaven plating together.
hugs.gif
Good luck with the remaining 3.

Last edited:
Thanks Kat, Miss Prissy and Harley's girl. And Kat, I just wanted to tell you that you have gorgeous peafowl and sebastapols! The mother and father of this clutch that you sold me have been a dream. Adorable and gorgeous birds to have around. And I am amazed that they produced three healthy chicks in their very first clutch.

Since the mom is white and the dad is like a spaulding or blue... I wonder what colors these chicks are going to turn out. But whatever color they end up I will love them and thank God for sharing them with me.

PS you are tempting me to go outside and bring back the one I had handfed. I really do want at least one to be very tame. Do you think the parents will go back to breeding again if I bring all the chicks inside?

Also Kat (peachick), I think I want to buy a pair of Sebastapols from you real soon. Maybe from this clutch. I will pm you

Last edited:
If you have them penned up with their mama some place REALLY safe they might do ok. but if you bring them in the house under a heat lamp they will have a much better chance at survival. However, Occasionally I still get up in the morning and find a dead baby in the brooder (who seemed fine the night before). They just are so fragile when they are tiny.

I have a chicken hen that hatched some blue sumatra chicks for me. She is a great mom but Id be sick if something happened to these chicks running around the yard..... so I brought them in the house where I KNOW they will be safe.

Call me about the geese. I think I have a young white pair here I can sell..... my last ones for the year probably. I have 3 new eggs but I dont know yet if they are fertile.

Back
Top Bottom