Peababies hatching I am a grandmother!

Oh good luck with the little singing egg.
fl.gif
And congrats on the other babies. I always wanted peafowl.

Thanks Miss Prissy. Well inside the pot the eggs still felt cool and I did not have an incubator. So I did what any mother would do.... I sat on it myself!

I put the little egg betweeen my legs under my night gown and leaned my belly over him and sat there. And sat and sat and sat. I sat there warming the egg all night long with my bare body. I talked to him and the little egg talked back to me. The warmer and more humid it got under my gown, the more he started bumping around and scratching the egg inside. This went on for hours. About 3am his beak broke the surface of the egg!

At about 5am this morning of Friday the 13th, this little one started coming out of the egg. He was born in my lap under my night gown.

10412_friday13131541.jpg

Please pray for him. When he came out he looked dead I was so terrified. He started coming around a little bit and now he looks a little better but I am still concerned. I hope my baby will be ok.

Last edited:
He did make my day! Thank you all so much. He is in a container under a red brood lamp. He has a spice cap filled with water, feed, vitamins and a bit of sugar. I dip his beak every so often. Is there anything else I should do to help him?

It may not want anything to eat for 2 days or more. the last thing before hatching is the absorbing of the yolk sak. Usually my birds take a day to sleep. Then the following day they start testing the feed and water. So don't worry if it doesn't eat anything until tomorrow.

I am worried because there was a bit of blood in the corner of the egg shell after he came out. There was a red spot on his bum. I don't know if that means he did not absorb all of the yolk sack?

Any ideas?

PS I went out and got a real incubator for the last 2 eggs. You say I should set it at 100 degrees?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom